carrying Backpacks / rucksacks

Body: 

Hi Sisters,
I will probably need to carry a backpack/ nap-sack / rucksack to & from a course esp if I choose to walk.
Is there any advice regarding WWP to help me with this as I notice people leaning forward as they walk. I have seen some people walking with a backpack on their front, though I think that may be uncomfortable for the chest ( squashing breasts)!!!
Would love to hear any advice -
Have a WWDay!!
Soul Sis

Forum:

Hi Soul Sis – I will give my personal answer, others may have more suggestions.

If you need to be totally hands-free with the load on your back, then you still might be fine if it is not so heavy that you are forced to lean forward and flatten the lumbar curve. If it’s heavy, maybe you can move some of it to a waist pack to balance the load. Then, if you can do this walk in good WW posture, the weight shouldn’t be a problem. Weight can actually help to maintain that "flattened, airless space" in the vagina.

I carry a lot of stuff around, using tote bags that can hang from my shoulders. I keep the load as balanced as possible, and feel no pelvic strain when I walk – in fact, just the opposite. Again – the weight is good for you if you can maintain excellent posture. - Surviving

There a specially designed back-packs for women. I have one and it "sits" much better on my back.

I'm wondering what makes these women's backpacks different or special, considering that most of the developed world ignores the differences in spinal shape between the sexes (except for us, of course).

Thank you for this info. Can you tell us more? Who makes them, where to get them. and are you able to be in WW posture when carrying weight?

The one I have is designed for women and sits so nicely on my back. Yes, I am able to be in WW posture when I have it, especially when I put waist straps.

Here is description what they mean by women's backpacks (one of the companies is called Deuter):

SL WOMENS FIT
On average, women's backs are not quite as long as men's. The SL carry system is thus slightly shorter than that of Deuter's standard rucksacks. Consequently, the models in the SL series are the ideal choice, too, for male users with shorter backs.
In order to give a perfect anatomic fit around the upper body, the SL shoulder straps are both narrower and shorter in length.
Soft edges to the straps, smaller buckles and narrow tapered strap ends prevent the SL shoulder straps from chafing under the arms and eliminate pressure points in the chest area.
To take account of the narrower shoulder width of the female anatomy, and thus prevent slippage, the SL shoulder straps are set closer together.
In general, the female waist and hip area is also shaped differently, so in order for the waist belt to deliver a perfect anatomic fit when fastened, it should ideally have a conical shape.
This conical form is achieved by angling the belt diagonally upwards and by
Curving the SL waist belt wings. The frontal adjuster system feature of our larger volume rucksacks simplifies the waist belt fitting procedure.

Ms. Nightingale, thanks for asking and Ikam, thanks so much for the information on womens back-packs. This is good information for all of us. Thanks for sharing about your find!

Hugs to you,
Jaylove

Great information. I second JayLove's thank you!

:) I am glad it is helpful. I have found that this is the only backpack I can carry on my back!

Hi All

I have a Lowepro rucksack, which is designed for carrying heavy photographic equipment, and is very well made. It does have a waist strap but I prefer to lower the shoulder straps and use the waist strap on my hips, so the centre of gravity of the ruck sack is lower and there is very little weight on my shoulders and spine. It also has very well padded body and shoulder straps, which are also curved, so they sit well onto my shoulders. There is also a little adjustable clipped strap that goes across my chest, at variable height, to hold the shoulder straps together at the front and stop chaffing at the armpits. All these straps are very adjustable.

I have also worn it satisfactorilly on my chest too, when I have had a very heavy load in it, or I need to get stuff out of it frequently. This removes the need to take it off repeatedly, and swing it back up again. Again, I carry it down low on my front when heavily loaded, so it approximates a high, pregnant belly. I figure that this is the weight distriubution that my body was designed for.

You will find Lowepro bags and ruckies at good photographic shops.

Louise

Dear lovely ladies,
Thanks for all the discussion & advice about backpacks - it is very helpful for us all as we come across new situations in our lives.
((( hugs ))) & best wishes in our journey together...