Which spinal curvature do YOU choose??

Body: 

There are so many reasons why WW posture is THE posture. Here’s a reminder about one of them, taken from Christine’s recent Balance article on the Village Post:

“The human spine cannot be straightened out, and when we lose one major curvature, the spine always compensates elsewhere. Women who have lost lumbar curvature develop a large hump at the base of their neck.” - CK

This would have been me in a few more years. Thank you, Christine.

Forum:

I just wanted to share something on this most important lumbar spinal curvature. I love my chiropractor and I have more faith in her than I do any one Doctor. She really knows the muscles and of course the spine. She is the one who diagnosed my elbow tendinitis and she was right. Any way I just wanted to tell everyone what she said about my Lumbar Curve. I told her about WholeWomen and my prolapse and she told me this was a win - win situation because the Lumbar Curve is very good for your spine so its good that I stay in this position. I was surprised by her remark because I didn't think any Medical professionals would know this and agree. Just thought I'd share. Good stuff.

Jaylove

I forgot to also say Thanks Christine, I am grateful for more ways than one for your work!!

Wow Jaylove, I think I love your chiropractor too! Actually, I have a feeling that chiro's in general are the practitioners most likely to recognize (or at least admit) that Christine is right. I don't know if I'm imagining this, or if I've read it somewhere on these pages. - Surviving

Thanks Surviving .. another reason to endorse the posture ...

I really regretted the days when I spent long hours in front of the TV in my cozy sofa!
No wonder it has done a lot of harm in my posture and I think my lumber curavature is almost straightened out. I'm learning to assume the correct posture again... for the the sake of my health and the security of my pelvic organs!

Andrea, it's never too late to start. The older you are when you start this work, and the worse your "old" posture habits were, the harder you may have to work. I started this post-meno and I'm into year 3, still seeing improvements in posture and curvature. It's a must-do. - Surviving

Hi Andrea

I wouldn't beat yourself up about lazing on the sofa. If you were in a posture that *pushed* your pelvic organs back into your vaginal space (eg with chronic coughing) while you were relaxing I would be worried, but if you were relaxing, you were relaxing. We have all done stuff that perhaps we should have avoided.

What we do is deal with reality. If relaxing on your cozy sofa gives you vulval fullness now, then I would change how I sit in it, eg lie down on your side, use some cushions behind your waist and under your bottom to make the seat more horizontal, or sit somewhere else.

Glad you have joined us.

Louise

I was very sceptical about chiros. Then I developed a scoliosis which eventually created tingling between the shoulder blades. My daughter had a chronic neck problems so I figured that if a chiro could help me then maybe he could help my daughter.
My first experience with the chiro terrified me but contrary to my fears I walked out the door in one piece. I was sure he was going to break my neck with the crack it gave. After a few treatments, the tingling had stopped, I was much straighter and the neck hump was quite reduced.
So I let him work on my 33yearold daughter. Her neck is now much better.
The biggest and most amazing thing and I still am in awe of him - my son in law had a severe allergy to mould- it was becoming life threatening as he would end up with a severe migraine headache nearly every week from exposure to mould. My daughter and I worked tirelessly to create as mould free environment as possible including a de humidifier in the house. However even a piece of fruit with a bad spot could set him off.
One day I discussed with my daughter trying some acupressure on his sinus points to relieve the pain. He complained that he felt pressure in the sinus areas. It was so painful that she could only use very gentle pressure.
One day after her chiro appointment, she mentioned her husband's allergy to the chiro. The chiro manipulated the bones in her husband's face with quite a bit of audible cracking. Afterwards he went into a deep sleep. Since then he has had no mould attacks and that has been the case for 5 months now. He has been exposed to mould which in the past would severely affect him but has had no reaction.
I now suspect that there is a possibility that many allergies and that includes asthma may be helped by chiropractic treatment. I believe that my son in law who has had a number of injuries over the years from contact sports and car accidents had a misalignment in his facial bones. This caused pressure and or blocked nerves so that his body was unable to deal with any possible allergen in an appropriate way.
The chiro said that he believes that children who undergo a difficult childbirth may benefit from chiropractic treatment.
Like any health practitioner, there are good ones and not so good ones. I believe I have been very fortunate to have found someone who is excellent and is totally committed to helping people.

I could wipe this man's feet with my hair (if I had long hair!). My son in laws recovery has been such a miracle.

Thanks so much I had never heard of that but I can see how that could really do the job.