Carmen Del'Orefice

Body: 

completely frivilous popular culture article, but! I loved seeing her posture...She's 81

http://shine.yahoo.com/the-thread-style-crush/carmen-dellorefice-81-fash...

Her shoulders thrust back in triumph, projecting a couture-worthy regality uncommon on the runway these days.
It's the kind of peacocking pride only a veteran of the business can pull off. It's also a throwback to the days before slump-shouldered models, minimalism and Kate Moss made high fashion more bone-dry.
That may be why Dell'Orefice still works so much. When a designer or advertiser wants to convey true luxury, they call Dell'Orefice. In recent years, she's been the face of Rolex and Issac Mizrahi's Target line, between runway shows for Heart Truth, Adrienne Vittadini and Qasimi, among others.
"I think America may be growing up and accepting the fact that the bulk of life exists beyond 50. Because demographically ... the vast population is over 50," says Dell'Orefice.

Forum:

Style and Panache, but gee. I saw a clip on filling the cracks and botox and all that. Made me squirm. What price beauty. Still, if you've got it or can get why not a bit of swagger?