Adhesions and teacher stress

Body: 

HI

I am wondering if my past ops and adhesions are stopping the the organs to go forward into the lower stomach area. I had a c-section for a bowel operation. I had 3 foot of small bowel taken out. I have had constipation alternating with the other. for 20 years. I am 42 now and have been doing the exercises and posture for 1 and a half months. I find when I am teaching I am quite stressed as it is not my favourite job juggling different learner ability in class and managing sessions. I find my stomach is actually holding in a bit or my breath is holding in.

I find life quite tricky with teaching but the positive side is it gets me out of the house and from
focusing my mind on something else. I really would prefer a quiet job like jewellery making or
something you do with your hands creatively. I do paint but now with having to do more teaching and
trying to pay for treatments and medicines I am quite stressed.

Has anyone been able to get a handle on adhesions and stress teaching?

Thanks

Down under

If I remember correctly your prolapse is a rectocele. The rectocele develops when the rectum drops down and protrudes into the back wall of the vagina. It results from the weakening of the muscular wall of the rectum.

It is the bladder and the uterus that need to go back up and forward over the pelvic bone. In those cases, there may in certain circumstances be concern about prior existing adhesions (especially if the uterus has been cut) to the abdominal muscles.

In your case it is the rectum which needs to go back up.

Posture for only one and a half months and the negative effect of concurrent continuance of very bad constipation is not a good option for success. WW posture can have very immediate results in some situations, in others it will take much longer. The continuance of constipation plus any straining this may require is not in your interests to better the rectocele. Nor is it, if you are continuing on the constipation, diarrhoea dipper ride. You have taken this to heart and have made a number of pleas for help on this forum in this regard.

You have had part of your stomach surgically removed, that and your concern for an impacted rectum is the basis upon which I earlier made the suggestion that you see your doctor immediately, as often that can mean a medical emergency, at least, for the layperson. Your doctor would be able to check out whether the surgery has led to malabsorption of nutrients, insufficient production of digestive enzymes, short bowel syndrome etc. Still, it's quite possible you have already checked these things out.

As to teacher's stress, why not combine your yearning for creative activity and your teaching. I remember teaching disinterested kids bookkeeping by making up bags of money (monopoly money will do, if you don’t have the time to make your own) and getting them to write the accounts for banking. They loved it. I had (creative) fun the previous night putting it together. It’s not jewellery making (start that on the weekends to begin with), but creative teaching brings in the money.

Best wishes, Fab

All my vitamins and minerals were normal with blood tests except progesterone which was on 0.1.
I don't think that I have short bowel syndrome as this is when a lot of bowel is cut out. I have been functioning though constipated sometimes through the 20 years. I very rarely get diahrrea which I didn't quite explain at the beginning only the surgeon said there could be a tendency between the two.

have noticed my bladder is coming down into the vagina space more than the rectacele recently and
wonder if that is giving me more bowel problems??

My doctor said some peopl just have to take stool softeners and fiber to maintain everything so think I will get stool softener even though I threw it away thinking it wasn't healthy for the bowel. However it only worked a little. She prescribed som laxative too but said that did I want a pouch for the rest of my life and she said she certainly wouldn't so referred me to the surgeon. He said straight away a anterior delorme's procedure where they ressect the inner lining of the pouch and then stapple the outer wall together to fit the inner wall to take the pouching away.

I have been going alright if I take cascara morning and night but as soon as I stop either the morning or the night there is nothing!!!

I thought that when the rectocele get full then the bowel doesn't know where to aim creating constipation.
that's how the surgeon explain it. Like it is fireing at different directions not knowing when the outlit is so to speak maybe through the rectocele or through the anus. That is part in parcel to this problem and all will have the same phenomena.

Really pleased to hear that you are on top of your situation with the help of your doctors. Well, with the bladder now coming down things are getting a little more complicated, but if you look on the bright side as Christine encourages (look under the tab for prolapse information on the homepage) You now have nature’s pessary which will in most cases prevent the uterus from falling. That, you really can be thankful for as many of us will attest. The management of it all comes back to getting the posture right.

Yes, some people (make that most) have some laxative component to their diet whether it is natural (prunes, cascara, senna, oil, fibre) or chemical. The advice is always not to get reliant on them, but if you can't go otherwise, there are few alternatives in the short term. But maybe a course of probiotics might not be a bad idea. These will replace any good gut flora you may have lost over the years. But I am not suggesting you knock off the cascara or the fibre you spoke of in another thread.

I love the description in your latest post of the bowel not knowing where to aim. Poor bowel's world has changed and is doing what it should but it's knocking its head on walls.

Have you looked to the position you take when evacuating? Have you managed to read the relevant chapter in Christine’s book 'Saving the Whole Woman' on this aspect? Other than that, I think you said previously that you do splint and this seems to be one solution for this situation as well as a good stool consistency which you are working so hard at.

The other essential aspect with the WW posture is the breathing. Work on walking in posture and the breathing. This is the dynamic which is like the pump to the tyre.

Fab