fibroids, prolapse and hysterectomy

Body: 

Hi there,
I am 41, had a surgery to remove fibroids 18 yeas ago.
I have a 15 years old daughter, her delivery was a cesarian.
Now I have lots of fibroids again with very heavy and long periods.
I also have uterine prolapse 1 (sometimes 2 on a bad day) and a little cystocele , probably because the uterus is heavy putting more pressure dow.
Doctors want me to have a hysterectomy. I don't want to do it!
I am trying Iodine Therapy for the fibroids, 50mg of Iodoral. Have anyone heard of that?
Anyone with fibroids and prolapse who can give me some insight?
Much love to you all,
Lila

Hi Lila – I’ll jump in here just to say welcome, because I’m post-menopause and fibroids just don’t seem to run in my family (lucky me). While waiting for some other replies, you can use the search box up above to look for relevant discussion threads. Prolapse and fibroids - sounds like an uncomfortable combination.

Fibroids do shrink at menopause so if you think you can hang on till then without further surgery to remove them, then you might be in much less discomfort. But please don’t be pushed into hysterectomy for either fibroids OR prolapse. Hyst. has so many possible adverse effects, which you can read about on the HERS Foundation website and also on Christine’s hysterectomy page. Hysterectomy probably causes more prolapse than it helps, and it is ironic (not to mention an outrage) that it is still so routinely recommended for that very condition.

Please do give Whole Woman posture a try. Check the FAQs, and the first video on the Video page (see Resources), not to mention anything and everything else on this forum and website. Christine’s work has saved so many of us from discomfort, fear, and damage…..I’ve been here over 2 years and it has been life-saving for me. - Surviving