Has anyone ever had this problem?

Body: 

Hi Christine,

I'm not really sure where (forum) to post this question. But, I just finished a weeks worth antibiotics for a bladder infection. I tried for two weeks in vain using the Clear Tract UTI (D-Mannose) without success and then HAD to resort to using an antibiotic to rid myself of the bladder or UTI (not sure which it was!). Anyway, now that I am off the antibiotics I am feeling really crappy. My body has been a little off -- a little constipated and now I have stomach pains and bloating. So.... of course, my prolapse has worsened. I just started using a good product to balance my intestinal flora (probiotic), but I'm feeling kind of bummed today. I am not even getting relief from my friend the sea sponge. I've had that heavy feeling all day yesterday and today. Thankfully for me, we had a blizzard and there's not much to do! Does anyone have any pointers or tips for me other than drink water, eat fiber, take magnesium to get myself moving and relieve all the pressure and bloating? Has anyone ever experienced this before with antibiotics? It's such a bummer! I was feeling so great. We even got a new jeep with really great comfy seats -- able to adjust the lumbar curve perfect on the driver's side -- Yea! Anyway, thanks for listening! The site looks great and the photo of the WW Center looks so fabulous. Just like I imagined it would look -- quaint like an antique shop outside and much like a dance sutdio on the inside. So beautiful! I guess this message will post now after my test. I just needed to vent! Thanks for being you. Take good care, April

Hi April,

I will offer a suggestion re: the bloating, etc., after antibiotics. You might try staying off all dairy products for awhile. Our family now uses very little because of the mold in cheese and other things in milk/dairy products. We have a whole lot less problems since getting off the dairy stuff. It will be easier for the probiotics to work without all the additions in your system.

Best of luck,
Grandma Joy

Hi Grandma Joy,

Thanks so much for the suggestion. You know, I really don't eat a lot of dairy because I do notice that sometimes my stomach gets really weird from it. Also, I hear you about the mold --- I have huge mold allergies. I was having milk on my cereal and probably a little more than usual. I will try your suggestion. I know that milk products are real cloggers (even the organic kind) -- just so hard to eliminate them altogether! It just amazes me how connected everything is. By that I mean, when you have a heavy colon, your prolapses are so much more pronounced. I would have never made that connection, had I not logged onto this wonderful site! Take good care, April

I hope you feel better soon!! You are our shiny-faced one who has lent so many well-wishes and good advice to others (by the way, I'm going to add your lemon-oil tip to the TIPS section as soon as I learn how to do content management of the site.)

Take your medicines. But I would also work on it from a total body perspective. Epsom salt baths because magnesium chloride has the chemical property of pulling things out of the body. Saunas or steam baths for the same reason.

Also bowls of short grain brown rice with a dollop of either very high-quality raw, local butter or miso (South River brand miso is to-die-for!)

Grated apple, beet, and carrot salad comes to mind...it's just so nourishing and soothing.

Also little bits of REALLY natural food - a leaf here, a berry there. It's the kind of bacteria that clings to wild food that we are so lacking now and that no pill or capsule can provide us.

Hugs to you, April!!

Christine

Hi Christine,

Thanks so much for your concern and suport! Today is a much, much better day! I finished my medication and have started the probiotics. My stomach isn't back to normal yet, but I have cleared myself out! BUT, thankfully, my prolapse is much improved today. Yea! I was getting a little worried (guess we women do that!) I will try out your tips. I have been trying to eat more fruits and veggies, fluids, water and whole grains. You know, I was speaking with my friend June today (no kidding) and she was talking about going to see a urogynecologist about her nocturnal visits to the bathroom. I mean my poor friend is getting up 5 or 6 times a night to pee...she's tired all day from these visits!!! She also pees all day long and as I suspected, she does have a cystocele. I am so worried for her because I know they will suggest the sling surgery to "tie up the bladder". I feel the sea sponges will work for her during the day, offering her comfort. But I do wonder why so many visits at night time when she doesn't have an infection. As you say, when we are lying down, it's as though there is no prolapse at all. What are your thoughts on this? I'd be interested in hearing what you have to say. Also, FYI the other website where I had been part of the forum on for a while, I had referred someone to your site who was considering surgery for prolapse....because 1) she was afraid of surgery (Dr. had suggested hysterectomy) AND 2) she was afraid of what it might do to her sexually. Anyway, short story long .... they NEVER EVEN posted my comments on the site. I just couldn't believe it! Talk about a medically-oriented site/forum. If I had the woman's email address, I'd email her privately. It makes me really mad and sad at the same time. Well thanks again for all your support and care. Where would we be without you?! Take good care, April

Hi April,

So glad you’re on the mend. The April-June thing is too cute! I hope she gets really good, balanced care. I can’t imagine any surgeon in his right mind suggesting a sling for frequency. Her constant diuresis could be caused by anything from diet issues to heart/kidney problems to diabetes! These sorts of systemic problems are often treated most successfully by traditional medical systems like Ayurveda. I wish her the best!

Nothing to do but roll the eyes at the site you mentioned. I feel quite certain there will be a population of women at some point who will demand to know why they were advised and supported toward the surgical solution when scores of prolapsed women were getting satisfactory results with this alternative. Except for the unfortunate ones who fall under their influence in the mean time, they present no long-term problem since we are changing the system from the inside out.

;-) Christine