Prolapse and Hormones

Body: 

Hello Ladies,

So I'm assuming that young women who are post-partum CAN reverse their prolapse probs due to the fact that they're still generally young, with normal hormonal count and fertile. All useful I suppose in helping pelvic organs return to where they're supposed to me. But with POST-menopausal women this HAS to be a lot more difficult to achieve. Due to low hormonal levals, weakening of supporting tissue in the pelvic area, amongst some of the most common reasons. Would it be true to say, then, that a post-partum prolapse CAN be reversed whereas a POST-menopausal one cannot? Well, let's not say ''cannot''. let's just say that in post-menopausal women it's a much harder job to stabilize than in post-partum, fertile women.

Am I correct in assuming this?

Sevilla

I would not agree. I am post-meno, and 6 months ago thought it was over for me. Within two weeks of WW posture practice, I was calmer, able to work again, and optimistic. Now, 6 months into this I have days where I do not notice anything. I am not medically inclined so I cannot really tell you the answer that you are looking for. But, it sounds to me, like if 75% of women experience some sort of prolapse in their lifetime, then so many women both young, middle and old, are living with this. If you practice the posture faithfully and strengthen your whole body well (and carefully) I would say that you can get your symptoms to lessen, maybe disappear most days. For me, if my symptoms are basically gone most days, then I don't really care if the doctor would label me prolapsed :) Certainly youth has it's advantages, but being my stubborn self, I would say that one is never too old to improve. Best wishes to you.

Hard to say, really. I too was post-meno when I came here and my improvements have been tremendous. There are times when I don't feel my 'celes as much, but I always know they're there, ready to make themselves felt if I'm not careful or have a bad day. I know at my age there is no "cure" as such, but what I have is totally livable, and I do anything I want to do, without fear and worry.

On the other hand, a certain amount of post-partum prolapse will resolve on its own even if the new mom isn't practicing WW posture. The thing is, that it will probably come back later, as it did for all of us who didn't feel it until much more time had passed. Getting into posture at a younger age can potentially provide a more long-lasting reversal of symptoms that might last right through menopause. That's what I think, and wish I had known what I know now. - Surviving