pregnancy after uterine prolapse

Body: 

Hi all,
Since I joined this forum some years ago I've been trying my best to take care of myself. Had MANY bad days and then some good. My prolapse uterus has been stable for five years now, and now my husband and I want to have our second child. My first is 7 years old and its quite a gap, I was always worried about going through another pregnancy because of my prolapsed uterus. Have had many horrible thoughts of it getting much worse during and after a 2nd pregnancy!
But nevertheless we started trying. I tracked my ovulation and we had intercourse on Tues 23rd about 6 days ago. The day right after I started having mild cramps which continued. Then 2 days ago along with the cramps I felt a slight sticking pain on the right side of my pelvic area. I don't know why I am feeling like this, it's scaring me. I know its very early to know if I'm pregnant, but I am scared as to why I'm feeling this way so early. Usually pains like these come on after a week or two usually because of the implantation of the egg in the uterus.
I have read a lot through the forum about others being concerned about pregnancy with a prolapse, but I still need some personal advise. I have to make an appointment to see a dr the gyno who delivered my daughter 7 years ago left and I need to find another. I've been seeing different people through the years for annual check ups, and have been told that I'm fine and my cervix is in the right place. But I know my body and that it is still a bit to the right side. How could they not see that? So I'm afraid to chose a dr and not get the proper care I will need during my pregnancy.
I am feeling a bit paranoid, can a uterine prolapse cause an ectopic pregnancy?! When I think about that I freak out a little bit! I don't even know if that should be a concern. While giving birth with all the pushing would that make things really really bad?! I keep thinking about my uterus coming out while giving birth (I have already read comments about this) but I still worry about it. So I'm wondering if there a better position to lay while giving birth with a uterine prolapse? I am really busy with work etc and I was wondering if it is okay to move around and walk about during the pregnancy, is that fine or would that make things worse? Which makes me think about wearing a pregnancy belt, it is advisable to wear that or some kind of maternity support that will help?
I know I'm being a bit paranoid, and worry about everything. I don't have anyone to talk to, and would really like advise about these things, and would really appreciate your help. Thanks for reading!

HI Voni

The pain you experienced after intercourse could well have been ovulation pain.

Many of the other questions you ask could be answered very well by a midwife, especially about ectopic pregnancy. I suggest that you find a midwife to get you started on finding answers. She may be able to take you right through the pregnancy, even the birth, depending on how this works in your part of the world, and what you want to do. Anyway, if you have a midwife you can then take your time with choosing an obstetrician, if that is what you really want.

I get the feeling that your uterus will straighten up as a future pregnancy progresses. However, it sounds like there is a balance problem somewhere, and it would probably be beneficial to get your body straightened out before too long. If your uterus is crooked it could well be because of how it adapts to the way you stand and move. Straighten the body and your uterus may straighten.

I am interested that you have identified a retroversion of your uterus at this stage. This may or may not make it difficult to become pregnant. When you do finally become pregnant and then give birth you may be able to use your body differently to encourage your uterus to antevert as it reverts from pregnancy in the postpartum period.

Whole Woman posture will encourage your uterus forwards in the meantime, but literally tipping any intestines that are pressing it backwards, out into the abdominal cavity, so that the uterus can find its own correct position. Diaphragmatic breathing is the other part of this equation. Expanding your belly with every inhalation will make more room for your pelvic organs at the front of your abdomen.

Louise