Newly Diagnosed

Body: 

Hi ladies,
So happy to have found this web site. I am terrified and have little faith in the medical profession. I had mentioned my symptoms a few times over the last year or so to my GP with no diagnosis except for him to say for bladder inontinence surgery was the only option with no exam. :-((.
I am 56 years old and have both cystocele and rectocele which seem to be getting worse since I was diagnosed. Am having tests at the hospital to determine the grade of them on Dec. 5th.
I feel like I'm still in shock. I can't believe I have never heard of pelvic organ prolapse. I am not over weight, exercise regularly and try to eat well most of the time thinking I was being proactive for staying well in my older years. I know that now it will just be trying to cope and survive with these awful symptoms as I know I am too scared to have any type of surgery. Finding that by the end of the day some days, I am horribly uncomfortable. I refuse to lay down because of it but, am afraid some days I am making it worse.
I have orderd the book and the dvd. So glad to have found this site. The forum is a great source of information as well. Amazing women being so open about their symptoms and how they cope helps so much. What a support system and wonderful to hear there can be inprovement with some work.
Living in Ontario, Canada, I'm not sure when my order will arrive.
Thanks

Ontarian, WW posture is THE most proactive thing that you can do for your health in your later years. I discovered my ‘celes after menopause, and after doing this work for awhile I can honestly say I look and feel better than ever. I would not go back. I’m better off today for having discovered prolapse and then Whole Woman. I’m doing way more than coping! Take heart. This is work, not a quick fix. It is a leap of faith until you have immersed yourself in Christine’s work and research, and then you will see that it all makes perfect sense. Then, you commit to the process and you live it every day. - S60

PS: Read up on Christine's hips project if you need further proof to realize you are only helping your future self by being here. It is not just about prolapse, but about protecting the hips and spine as we age.

Hi Ontarian,
Welcome to the WW community. So glad you found this site - you've come to the right place and you'll find loads of info, resources and support here. I'm v. pleased you've ordered the book and a dvd. They are really really useful and well worth the investment.

I completely agree with surviving 60. I experienced a uterine prolapse accompanied by some sciatica and inner thigh pain symptoms, which completely blew me off course in every way. I was 54, post menpausalish, thought I was in reasonable shape and a yoga teacher amongst other things. The prolapse just did not fit with what I thought was my reality! I was v. tearful and in retreat for a few weeks, feeling devastated and at a loss to know what to do. Then I found WW and my road to recovery and management of potential symptoms. 1 1/2 years later I can also honestly say I feel happier and healthier now than I did prior to the onset of prolapse problems. This is definately to do with the WW work, which not only alleviates/manages prolapse symptoms, but is also good for general health as the whole premise is based on healthy posture, exercise, diet, elimination and life-style. It's a life times commitment, but one that I gladly participate in as it does me so much good and I feel better.

The mainstream medical system does not know of this work yet, and with the best will in the world they cannot offer this approach as they neither understand or know about it. So please don't expect them to offer alternatives to surgery, pessaries, kegels or nothing. Those are the options most medics know about.

There are masses of posts embedded in this forum. So if you have any queries you may well find they've already been answered somewhere. Try keying in key words in the search box. Likewise - the blogs and resource videos etc.

With love and encouragement, xwholewomanuk

Ontarian, if you feel really POPpy towards the end of the day you might find that spending some time on elbows and knees on the floor will bring your organs inside you again. Firebreathing, which you will learn about in the book, is very powerful for sucking your organs inside your body and over your pubic bones.

In the longer run this work does rotate your pelvic organs forwards into your relaxed belly, over time. Learning to breathe diaphragmatically, so your belly expands with every inhalation helps this rotation and moving forwards. The bladder, vagina, uterus and rectum are all loosely tethered to each other. Every inhalation makes room for your uterus and bladder out the front, stretches out your vagina, which drags your bladder up with it, and your rectum up and forwards as well, so it is not squashed down at the bottom of a cone like a coil of fire hose, (which doesn't move water very efficiently). So your poo can more more freely.

Louise