Random Questions

Body: 

Ok, I am losing my hair. Is this related to the prolapse? Is it caused by stress? I just don't want to worry about something else.

I know post partum you do lose a lot of hair, since during pg your entire body is in a growth mode, so after delivery you lose the hair you would have been shedding all along. I lost that hair, at my temples mostly. Then it grew back, I had tons of baby hair, kind of annoying but I was glad to see it. Now it's all gone, all the new hair is gone again. What's going on?

Second random question - I do find that I can't empty my bladder all the way. Are you all doing what Christine recommended in the book? Ie, getting on all fours? Any other ideas there?

Are any of you doing any kind of exercise at all? My DR and PT say that walking is great, but when I do it, I just feel that dragging/heavy feeling and it makes me upset and so afraid to makes things worse.

Last question, if you have uterine prolapse do you kinda feel achy, premenstrual almost?

I believe that's enough for tonight. Most days I feel ok, even optimistic. Then it's night time and I am tired, my back hurts and everything else just seems too much...

Thanks!
Kathy

My MS nurse told me about 'Double micturation' Which even though not for prolapse works well :)

You sit - pee - stand up... Take a breath - sit - pee (I find it easier if you do a slowwwwwwwww breath out and relaxxxxxxxxxxx at same time)

Hope that helps :)

I don't know how many months pp you are but I lost my hair for a long time starting around 4 months pp. It eventually stopped falling out. Something that has helped my hair is flaxseed. I have it everyday on my toast as it is good for many reasons but I've noticed healthier hair too.

To empty my bladder I have a stool that I put infront of the toilet. I lean forward and kneel on it. I kind of just came up with this. It seems to work.

I could not do any walking either because of that heavy feeling. It just depressed me. I didn't know I had prolapse at that point though. Now that I've been doing the posture, I walk to practice staying in the posture. If I am having a "heavy" day I wear the v2 supporter that I got. It helps.

I don't have uterine prolapse. My symptoms come from the back and front so I am sorry I can't help there.

Have you just started Christine's program? She answered a question of mine in this forum where I posted "The posture is working!" She listed different steps to healing. You should check them out.

I am sorry that you also got postpartum prolapse but hopefully with the support we receive here and patience we will heal and go on to live a wonderful life :)

Hi Mommynow. I am almost a year out postpartum - in March so yes I had the same thing happen. Around 4 months pp I lost all that thick hair I had all during my pg. Mostly around my temples but a little throughout. I have this freckle/mole on my scalp that I have only seen 2x in my life, both when I lost hair pp. I did start growing back baby hair in the temple area. But now that baby hair is gone and I can see that freckle thing again. I also notice my part seems to be bigger too.

Flaxseed oil, I will try. What about B vitamins? I thought I read somewhere that they would help too.

Thanks to you and SuperDeja for the bladder variations. I will try them. The all fours works well I just hate the way it makes me feel, like I am almost helpless or something. I know I need to get over the mental part of all this.

I lost alot of hair starting from about 3 mo pp, I also got the baby hair around the temple and lost that too. happened the same way all three times. It seemed that I was losing hair forever, but I don't think it was more than a year.

re: emptying the bladder, sometimes if I'm having trouble I lean over and rest my hands on the floor between my feet, a sort of stand-squat I guess. It works for me.

I am exercising, walking on my treadmill. I refuse to believe that walking with good posture will make things worse. I started off walking slowly (I'm up to 3.8 mph) and am very careful to maintain good posture. I try to visualize the wheel & spokes Christine posted about a while back and I can feel my entire body pulling my uterus up and center. I believe in mind over matter and so this is important to me. I feel like I am doing something to help myself and that in and of itself is helpful, kwim?

I'm wondering if your achy, premenstrual feelings might be related to the fact that you are pp rather than the prolapse?
either way, I hope you start to feel better soon, you sound beat. (((hugs)))

Hi

From a chinese medicine perspective last week our teacher was differenciating between the two types of hair fall out and their symptoms.

The way he described it was that that if hair comes out when pulled/tugged a bit then this is what's termed as "Blood deficiency" in TCM (this is not the exact same thing as we would think of as blood). This he said is common to women who have children.

While hair that does not pull out on a tug, yet is falling out is a kind of essence energy depletion which comes more with age and being kinda all round run down. This is much more commonly apparant on men (bald patch). There's a reason women don't show their essence depletion so mutch via hair but at the mo I can't rem. Sorry

Anyhoo, the first is apparantly easy enough to remedy, from a TCM perspective with TCM herbs for tonifying blood.

I do know that the ache involving dull coldish feeling i get with my cele is really sorted with Acupuncute, moxa ( a burning herb that sends a kind of heat into the back) and a heat lamp all used on the back.

Any good acupuncturist will know how to do this.

It's also great for general pain and stress relief.

Best wishes and sorry to hear you're having a rough time with all this at the moment.

xx
Anne-helen

I have found that I must push my legs back so that my toes are near the back of the toilet along with placing my hands on the floor in front of me. I think this flops the bladder back to the area where it belongs or removes pressure from the area. Anyway, it does allow for a more complete emptying of the bladder. Good luck! mare