Life is wonderful and a strange challenge

Body: 

Hello everyone! I found Wholewoman 2 months after giving birth to my now 2 1/2 year son. I discovered I had prolapse ( all three of them, second degree for the rectocele and cystocele, cervix about five cm from the vaginal opening, it used to be almost unreachable by my longest finger) at the same time as I discovered i had a tumor in my thyroid the size of a chicken egg. I also had other weird symtoms that turned out to be caused by lyme disease. Since I had all this issues at the same time I never really got into actively doing the whole woman exersises. But I have been trying to implement the rigth posture. I was mostly worried about how to treat the tumor in my neck without surgery.( I am a proffesional singer and I don't want to risk my voice getting destroyed by an operation or due to hypothyroidism that is the result of not having a thyroid anymore.If you loose your thyroid you have to use hormone medicine for the rest of your life. ) I found out it was cancer and I am treating it naturally and I am not afraid ( only now and then when doubt strikes me)because I have so much knowledge about natural health now that I didn't have earlier.

I have a lot to do with 4 kids between 7 1/2 and 2 1/2 years old and I enjoy it, it's of course exhausting sometimes but I can't imagine going back to a childless life. So why am I writing here today for the first time? I have been reading a lot on the wholewoman website and on the forums and I have the book and dvd. Now I am in need for some more personal advise and support since:
Well, I am pregnant again. Not what I really expected and not what I really thougt would be wise due to my health problems. For example the treatment of a tumor is limited almost only to diet when you are pregnant and a tumor grows much faster when pregnant, because the body will not reject abnormal cell formation. If it would the child would be rejected.
Our bodies are wonderfully made and it can manage a lot. Why would I be pregnant again if my body couldn't manage it? thats what I think in my situation. Im in my 34 week now. And how is the prolapse? My rectocele is bothering the most and I have to wear a v2 supporter to manage standing and walking around. I have problems with eliminating, of course constipation is worse during pregnancy. I have troble walking due to my pelvic area preparing for birth, normal for me during pregnancy. I don't know what that is called in english. Here in Norway its called bekkenløsning, pelvic loosening directly translated. I really am looking forward to being finnished with the pregnancy and I hope the pressure and soreness etc will stop.

What bothers me a bit is giving birth again. I can't avoid it. a cesarean is not an option I understand, I wish it was as I am tired of giving birth....I'm afraid the prolapse will worsen and I am worried that I will have problems tolerating the pain again. The last child was born face up and it was totally horrible painful. I gave birth on my back and I know that was a big mistake. I think I had rectocele before that birth but it started to bother me so that I recognized it after the last birth. I didn't tear, I never have. I only have had two stitches once.

Now to my questions to you other experienced birthers with prolapse.

Could you please explain how to labour down? Will it make the birthing go slower then when pushing actively? What does a pudental blocade do with the labour? Does it slow it down and make the woman push to hard etc? I know the more natural the better. I just want to know if anyone here has any thougths on it! Does anyone here have good advises for the birth to treat the prolaps as gently as possible? Somewhat like a wise birth plan. I don't expect to get many answers from the midwives and doctors here in Norway. I can't have a home birth since we have neighbours on the other side of the wall and to be honest I am not comfortabel with the thougth of it, not here in Norway.
For the prolapse the gyn said it's normal to be like this after four births and that I can come back if I start leaking. Well, better he said that then advise for operations.

My date for giving birth is 26th of february but it will most likely happen before since I have had all my four children before term.

I hope this wasn't to long and excuse me for my simple english.

Hi Jeanette – your story is beautiful and so inspiring. I know you are right in thinking that your body can manage this! We have some super-duper birthing moms in our group here, and since I’m not one of them, I’ll let them give you the good labor advice. Meanwhile I just want to say, that I hope you can adopt good WW posture principles 100% – better late than never. It is so important to the present and future state of your prolapse and your overall health and well-being. Pregnancy and post-partum are such important times for good prolapse management. The very best of luck to you! - Surviving

...for your integrity, your strength, and your dignity with managing everything right now. I, under duress, went the chemo route with breast cancer, which ultimately they said I didn't have, but now I have long term issues with side effects from that and the surgeries. My life was drastically changed from those surgeries. I wanted so much to treat myself naturally so my body could heal itself. There is a lot to be said for natural healing and you seem to have a good handle on that. Good for you!

There are some wonderful moms on here with fantastic birth histories, who can answer you.
I cannot answer your questions, but I can be one of your "balcony people", and I will certainly cheer you on. Congratulations on your upcoming birth - oh, to have a houseful of little ones again! Aren't they fun? My very best wishes to you.

Blessings,
Grandma Joy

P.S. A little fear and doubt is ok, we are only human, but keep them at bay as much as possible, it will make you stronger!

Wow sorry for your surgery. I am having a very ruff time right now. It helps to know that other people have it ruff too and move on. How do us woman do it. I needed to read that. I am sorry if I am depressing. The pain in my neck is getting to me along with my pain in my pelvic area. I try to take it a day at a time. Can't wait to see what the new doctor says. Just helps to know I am not alone. Even though we do not have all the same thing. Don't really want surgery on my neck but I need to be out of some pain. I had a breast biopsy that was a nightmare....was swollen for weeks and had to have it drained. So not looking forward to any surgery.

Thank you all that has given me response! I feel warmly welcome here and that is actually more important than to have all answers to my questions. I'll wait and see if answers come in or I will try to make a new post.
Grandma joy, a lovely username I must say! The most important thing to understand when it comes to cancer is that it is a systemic condition and the treatment must involve detoxification, avoiding the things that feeds the cancer cells, boost the immune system, giving the body the right nutrition and attacking the cancer cells.- Surgery, chemo and radiation is all about attacking the cancer, but the problem is it attacks your body at the same time. There are natural methods that attacks only the abnormal cell growth without harming the rest of the body. (If pregnant one should avoid most treatments attacking cancer cells because the developing baby can be attacked at the same time.) After chemo and surgery you still need to do the work mentioned above. detox etc, because the underlying cause is not addressed, cancer cells can spread from the surgery and the immune system is low or almost destroyed.
I take misteltoe injections 3 times a week to boost the immune system. (It's safe from 4 months pregnancy.) In Germany it's common to use misteltoe while on chemo and after. I can't advertise here from what I understand, but you can find info on the net without me giving you a brand. Just type misteltoe, cancer.

The baby is in transverse (sideways) position and I hope he will turn soon! Week 34/35

Jeanette, I think your original post was so long and full of information, maybe the labor questions just got lost. While waiting for answers, please do some searching on the forums, as there is tons of information and you can put terms in the Search box up above. Especially look for posts by Alemama. - Surviving

I, too, had four children in five years and so far that's as closely as I can relate to your situation. I didn't have to give birth with a prolapse nor have I had to deal with cancer. As I said in my first note on this site, I'm ashamed of ever pitying myself after reading what some of you much younger women are going through.

I'll say this about my labor experiences - two with epidurals, two without; three with pitocin (what they call here a labor enhancer, as if we needed it, right?), one without pitocin. Three on a delivery table in stirrups, one in the labor room bed. By far the least painful and least traumatic for me and the baby was without epidural, without pitocin, and without being trussed up in stirrups. I was also able to get up and walk around which seems to me much more reasonable than pushing....let gravity do some work! The thing about pushing is that I don't think you should push hard unless you have the urge to push and you can't feel the urge with an epidural. If you have induced labor or if your doctor is rushing your delivery to fit his schedule, you'll find yourself having to push the baby out before it's ready. By the fourth baby, I was determined to let labor progress as naturally as possible as long as possible and get to the hospital in time for help just in case. My husband had worked in the sun all day and couldn't stay awake to time contractions with me, and that just made me mad. So I went to sleep. Labor progressed. I woke up four hours later and was really ready to go. I don't know how I did it....went to sleep during labor...but it sure worked to relax my body so that it could do what it needed to do. I'm not saying you should go to sleep but that trusting the natural process is best if you can do it. I heard you say we're wonderfully made, so I suggest that so much effort wasn't put into our design only for us to be thrown out here to fend for ourselves. Help is available.

Well, I'm not medically trained, I don't know what complications you may have with your other health issues, and I'm not sure at all that I've addressed your questions about pudendal block and laboring down (not familiar with the terms). I'll be watching for your posts, though, and hoping for the best for you and all your babies. I realize the time is closing in on you and how I wish I could do something useful for you.

I did a little research and remembering. It seems the pudendal block is localized and it was first administered to me just before delivery to numb the pain of the episiotomy. Now I remember that with the pressure of the baby already on that area, the nerves were desensitized and I didn't feel the needle. If I didn't feel the needle, would I have felt the episiotomy? I don't know. At another time, with my delivery in the labor room before the doctor arrived, I had no anesthetic at all and I did tear - but I didn't feel the tear. However, when the doctor did arrive and had to do some stitches, he gave me a local anesthetic and I felt the needle that time....after delivery was all over with and the pressure was off!

I'm not sure how that type of anesthetic would have affected labor since it was given so late in the process the first time. Sorry that I can't give you any information about birthing with prolapse.

Jeanette, you don't want this birth experience, do you? Has your baby jammed her/himself sideways to stop being born?

I wonder if you could get your head more into a space where you are nurturing this baby in the best way you can, right now. This is a sacred job you are doing. See if you can enjoy the remainder of the pregnancy. You are probably looking rather lovely at this stage, even if you are not feeling lovely. Are you able to make some time for you, and have the family look after you and their little sibling to be and son to be? What you are doing is amazing! Do you have access to a body worker who could give you massage every week to help you to relax into welcoming this baby into the world , and help you to relax your belly and make room at the front, low on your belly for the baby's head to move down into? Are you able to spend time on hands and knees and let the baby come down and forward? I had a posterior labour myself, and intuitively wanted to be on hands and knees throughout the labour. The baby flipped at the end of first stage and was born in normal presentation, with me leaning forward in a kneeling position.

I am not experienced in moving foetuses around, but I am experienced in welcoming the birth of my own three babies, and enjoying their labours and births. I hope you can take this opportunity to make this a birth to remember as being truly joyful.

Pudendal block? I would rather not interfere and set yourself up for an episiotomy.

Bearing down? Sounds like an obstetric cliche to me.

You will go best with this birth by going deep within yourself, to the resources that are within you for birthing your baby, and not worrying about about what went wrong before. Sure, it will be painful. But birth pain is good pain, and you can deal with it, as long as you don't have to worry about someone trying to stick needles into you at the best time. Read and watch good birth stories. Visualise yourself, relaxed and calm, doing the same thing. You have suffered in this pregnancy. A successful birth will be the end of the pregnancy suffering and the beginning of a new person in your family.

This may be the last time you have the privilege of giving birth to a new baby. Make it a good one. Make it your best, so you can remember it with joy.

Louise

One thing I wanted to say in my previous post and couldn't figure out how to say it....so I'll second Louise that the successful birth will be the end of the temporary suffering. Reminding myself that trouble is temporary has helped me in many situations.

I hope you got it that I don't think the pudendal block is necessary because of pressure on the nerves anyway. Best wishes.

I'm thankful for your reply bebe and it both gives me encouragement and answers to my questions. I was pressured to have pitocin twice and refused the next time. I was giving birth on my back three out of four times even the last time. It's one thing to know whats best and another thing to make it happen with all the staff around you trying to decide whats best for you. During one of my births second phase I said I wanted to be on my knees the midwife said I couldn't because I had a needle on my hand. Another time I was commanded into bed when I needed to stand because they said it was bad for the baby. The reason why was that he had an electrode on his head and the signal got weak when I was standing. He had to have this electrode because the water was coloured. The midwife was a student and she didn't find out that the baby was posterior until after he came out. An experienced midwife could have found out and could have tried to turn the baby. This pregnancy I was so full of fear of giving birth again that I considered having a c-section. I went to have a conversation with a midwife to talk through my trauma and it helped. I didn't want a c section afterwards. One month later I was present at my sisters birth and that helped even more. So now I'm figthing the last fear and trying to be as informed as possible so I can make the right choices for my baby and myself. No birth is alike and most probably this will go fine. I'm glad I found this forum and glad there is room for both showing worry and happiness here.

The term labor down was somethimg I found here on the forum. It means to not actively push during second stage of tha birth. I only wondered how to do it, with some kind of breathing techneque perhaps.

my sister had pudendal and said she didn't feel that it helped. she pushed for 45 minutes. She had it 14 years ago and felt that it helped her but of course at that time they made episotomy as a regular procedure. I actually never really have wanted it or felt that I would need it. That phase of the birth is so active and you are almost as in a trance, it's almost unreal and all of the sudden the baby is out andyou forget about all the suffering. But when the baby was posterior the pain was something very different and it didn't go away after the baby was out either. The pain that women feel in posterior births are classified as pathological pain, not the good productive birthpain.

It's common that babies doesnt turn until later when you have given birth several times. Its common to help turn the baby if it still is breech after week 36. I have also been wearing a hip brace/v2supporter to be able to function during the days with housework and caring for the smallest children. I thougt that maybe this brace put to much pressure on my lower belly so I have stopped wearing it to see if that will help the boy turn. This belt has helped me a lot taking of the pressure but now it's more important to get rest and help the baby go down. As for proffesional massage theres no money for that, but I can ask my husband for help. The birth will be a relief and I am happy that I can start treating my other conditions more actively once the baby is out. Ok now I am tired of writing about myself. I hope someone will get something out of this post and of course I will be thankfull for more respons on the labor down issue. I will try searching alemamas posts

Hi Jeanette,

I have only birthed one baby so can't be much help in answering your pregnancy and delivery questions. However, I can point you to a very successful dietary approach for the treatment of cancer. You will need to join "Yahoo Groups" and then search for the group called "Flaxseedoil2." This is a vegetarian dietary program that incorporates flaxseed oil, flaxseeds, natural sunlight and stress reduction. You can also see the website: http //www.budwig-videos.com

Best of wishes to you and I do heartily recommend you try to save your thyroid. Although that gland is small, its workings are quite complex and hard to simulate through medication. (I know as I am thryoidless myself:(

mamp

Re, "The pain that women feel in posterior births are classified as pathological pain, not the good productive birth pain." This is a value judgement by a doctor or nurse. Pathology just means 'not normal'. We know that. Childbirth pain is childbirth pain. It hurts. Whether it is bad pain or good pain doesn't matter. What causes it doesn't matter. How we deal with it during labour is the important thing.

That's just my take on it. I had a posterior labour for my third. It was a bit different, but I spent most of the time during contractions on hands and knees with my belly hanging, so the baby's spine was being pulled by gravity away from my spine. He flipped at transition and was born normally. When his head came out really burned and stung. It felt worse than the first stage, and I was dreading it before every contraction! I was so far into myself during the first stage contractions, and I really didn't want anyone in that head space offering me pain relief. I was just handling it within myself. Weird.
Was that posterior labour pain bad? No, it was just severe pain. Was it pathological? I wouldn't have given a damn whether or not it was pathological!

Just my tuppence halfpenny worth. :-)

Louise

I'm so glad to hear from you. I have watched the posts and wondered how you are. You say you're "fighting the last fear" and I think that's the best thing you can do. Confidence, peace and patience will get you there. If you and your husband are agreed on how this should go when you go to deliver and if he is able to stand for you while you're preoccupied with your own process, maybe the attendants will not be able to create a sense of emergency to disrupt your labor.

Maybe you can find some information to read about the Bradley method. There is an easy to find website. I'm not familiar with their "method", but I read what I think was the original book about Dr. Bradley and his philosophy and practice of attending birth. (Notice his idea was to attend women giving birth, not the arrogance of delivering women's babies for them.) Giving me confidence in the natural process was the most important thing I got out of the book, which helped me to relax and trust, which helped labor progress the way it was meant to. That was in time for my third birth and I got lucky that time. By the fourth time my determination was to postpone medical interference as long as possible, but I had always gone over the projected due date and had fairly long labors and wasn't in fear of needing to get to a hospital in a hurry. So not going to the hospital "too soon" and getting on their time schedule to rush me through helped a lot.

You say you're tired of writing about yourself, but please let us know how you're doing. It really made me feel good to see your post today.

Bebe

Thank you!!
I am familiar with the budwig protocole. Check out Ty Bollingers book "cancer outside of the box" amazing!!!!! I will go for the 31 day cure that he has put together once the kid is out and if it's safe during breast feeding. I can also recommend cancertutor.com. to you all.

Hello!

Pathological as the term or not, we are all different and have different things to deal with and different levels of handling pain. For me it was so bad that I actualIy unwillingly started to identify with the pain of Christ on the cross. i started to cry and had a religious experience that I talked out loud about. I felt that I was cut in half. Maybe that in it self was a good thing? Since this was my fourth baby I had something to compare with....the difference between pain and paaaaaaain.
I have no problem admitting that I go for a semi-natural birth if one can call it that. This for me means, no pitocin, no epidural, no episitomy, avoidoing birthing on my back, no vacuum and such, wait for the after burden to come naturally, no early cord clamping, no vitamin k shot for the baby (drops in the mouth instead). yes to the gas-thing and yes to fentanyl. Did I remember my list now? hmmm.
Those two last things has worked well for me earlier. The best birth I had was when I was sent home and came in later so they didn't give me pitocin. I actually sang O mio babbino caro with full opera voice just a while before second stage, hehe. Maybe the gas was a contributor to that as you feel a little drunk.

So to my situation rigth now. The baby has still not turned and I am starting week 37 tomorrow- I had considered letting them try to turn the baby, since that is a normal thing to do if the baby hasn't turned after week 36. But then I started reading about it and found out that there are risks contributed to it. The cord can get squeezed, the placenta can loosen, you can have serious bleeding,The babys heart rythm can go up so they will be ready to have an emergency c-section done there and then. And if they manage to turn the baby it can turn back anyways, and you will have to come back and try again maybe one week later.
So what do I opt for then? Of course I have to wait (on all four, massaging my belly and all the other good advices I have gotten here) and see if my boy will turn. But at the same time I need to have a plan if he doesn't. Here in Norway contrary to other western countries they want us to birth breech babies vaginally (not transverse, its impossible). Sounds good and natural BUT: those births follow a certain procedure: pitocin, epidural, on your back, vacuum or the other horrible intervention I can't remember the english word for.( When they put this thing around the head and pull the baby out). And of course episitomy is also on this list. There are risks to the babies health with this: lack of oxygene, cp, birth defects. And the mothers health is at risk too with all this. When it comes to prolapse they don't even mention it." You can have operations for that, but don't worry about that now". And on top of all this. 50 % of the breech births in Norway ends up with emergency c-section anyways. A friend of mine had the doctor and midwife standing over her arguing about if they should perform a c-section or let the baby come out vaginally. This was as the baby was stuck so she finally had it out of the vagina.Pretty dramatic for my friend.
So then you have all the interventions first AND the c-section with all it's risks on top of that. You see my dillema, "plague or cholera what should one choose?"
So what I have decided for is: I want to be sure that I can have a planned c-section IF the boy doesn't turn. We have to cry and beg for it in Norway, so it's better to make them schedule it and then change your mind and go for a vaginal birth if everything goes fine, than to try to beg for it during labor. So I can only pray for my baby boy to turn.
Thank you for your support!!!!It warms my heart that you wanted to hear from me again!

How do I answer an exact post from someone? I have tried but it always shows up in the bottom of the page.

I have forgotten to mention that during this posterior birth of mine, when I was 8 cm open a doctor came in and put her hand inside of me against my will and pressured out the two last centimeters by hand. My husband filmed it, I have refused to watch it since I heard the first seconds of my screams on the video and felt that I froze inside. I wonder if this intervention was a normal wise thing to do?

Hi Jeannette

Yeah, pain is a personal experience. I cannot imagine yours. You cannot imagine mine.

Yes, a plan is better than no plan, esp if there are a few 'what ifs' built into it.

Yes, the actions of your doctor in putting her hand in your vagina without your permission was wrong, barbaric and inhumane, and you have film evidence of it. I would call it assault. You can decide how to approach this, so she never does it to another woman again. Go for it! But birth your baby first. She can wait.

To post a reply to a specific person, put the same subject in the subject line as in their Comment, and use their name in a salutation in the first line. That works. I can't figure out the system of indentations. (Shrugs... )

Louise
:-)

Jeanette, I love your passion. It takes trauma for important truths to get through to us...to break through our glossed-over view of life. You are sure getting your share. I hope the best for you. Keep the updates coming, please.

Hi Jeanette, I also am healing cancer naturally with excellent results...a combination of nutritional therapy, energetic therapy (New German Medicine), herbs for causing cell death in cancer cells, Emotional Freedom Technique to heal past trauma that created the conditions for cancer, lots of meditation, chanting, prayer, emotional releases (crying, laughing, blissing out). It's been an amazing, frightening, deepening journey. I can't offer much in the way of advice in the pregnancy realm as I've never been pregnant (a sorrow I am healing through this process). I can only offer my support and knowledge that healing cancer naturally is possible. For me it was the only way that I could envision living with the degree of vibrancy and health I've been used to for most of my life. Healing cancer has been amazing. It has brought me so much closer to me. Thank you for sharing your story. I am routing for ya!

Hi Louise !

It has really helped just writing out the feelings here and getting constructive advises and support from you all. I am really happy to tell you all that the baby has turned. It happened the night before I went to the hospital for an ultrasound and to have a talk with a doctor about what to do. The doctor said that a woman with prolapse is perfect for a breech birth, and that it is as easy as a normal birth. I have noe experience of a breech birth so I'll leave that to be commented by someone that has the experience. But I think that since it surely is more complicated and painful than a head down birth, the women would have an epidural and so on and sofort and that can lead to more interventions and worsening of prolapse.
They use a method to get the breech baby out called the Løvseth method. Løvseth was a famous gyn, obsterician that made some new forceps-instruments etc and they seem to be proud of him here in Norway. I haven't got time to do much research on him but maybe Christine Kent has heard about him?

Being nervous for the baby not having turned, and then the relief of getting to know that he has found his proper spot has given me some more knowledge that I am thankful for, and for now the best of all is that my fear of giving birth is minimized. I really am looking forward to have a vaginal birth and I have the feeeling that I will manage it well!!!

As for the torture from the doctor I could allways put it on you tube, hehe. I don't know if I could do that. I haven't seen the video myself. I think that maybe the doctor was following prosedure...It wouldn't surprise me if that was the case. They didn't like that my husband was filming it....

And to Bebe. I totally agree that sometimes we have to go through heavy things to find answers. And its wonderful to be able to help others with the experience and knowledge. That's what I mean with the headline of my first post. To turn bad into good.

Spiritwoman I am so glad to hear from you and see the courage and spirit you have to let your body heal itself naturally. I have learned a lot about the health industry, common sence, independence, humbling myself, etc etc through this. I'll be glad to give updates after my birth when I am able to start the healing process for real, both for the tumor for the Lyme and for the prolapses. I am going to do coffee enemas for example and I wonder if that can effect rectocele in a positive way... I first have to find out if it is ok to do that when breast feeding. Has the german method you mention anything to do with misteltoe therapy? Germany has come so much further than many other western countries when it comes to natural healing. People with Lyme disease in Norway that can't get help here, sends blood samples to germany to get diagnosed. It's very expensive so me myself sent blood to a microbiologist in Norway that discovered the bacteria in my blood in the microscope. The local hospital refuses to let me take blood samples there anymore to send to the microbiologist, because they don't want to recognize this method as reliable... at the same time they will refuse to use me as a blood giver because I have borrelia based on the same method. hmmmmm! The fact is that the test that is used in the ortodox medical system
is very unreliable... and the sickest people arte the ones that are most likely to get a negative test answer. Wel, enough about that for now. This is a big topic.

New German Medicine is based on the philosophy that their is an emotional component to al disease and the therapy is energetic therapy designed to clear energetic blocks. At first I was a bit skeptical, but after the first session I had huge healing releases that have led to my being able to be more positive about my healing and also I know I have released so much that stood in the way of my body's ability to heal itself. You can look up New German Medicine online and it's so interesting! I'm not using mistletoe but I am using a concentrated form of cannabis which has been found to cause cell death in cancer cells. My naturopath does live blood analysis which sounds similar to the tests you are having done overseas. She saw the cancer in my blood as well as other bacteria and the overall state of my blood cells which is realy telling. A typical live blood analysis runs for about $150. I'll be getting another one next month to see how well I've progressed into healing. I've done some enemas to keep things moving. At the beginning of my cancer treatment I was doing coffee enemas which help clear the liver. At the time I did not know I had the rectocele and was experiencing lots of pain with enemas in general. I may give the coffee enemas a try again if my naturopath agrees it would be good. I'm fortunate to have found a practitioner who I really trust and who has a track record of helping folks heal cancer naturally. There are so many ways really. My eyes have been opened that this need not be a death sentence. The oncologists thought I was crazy. I know that if I had followed their recommendations I may not be here now to write this. Yet here I am, growing more vibrant and healthy with each day. Here's to is continuing! Much healing love to you Jeanette!

I'm so glad to hear the baby turned and that you're feeling more confident. I'll be looking forward now to a birth announcement.

The baby turning is such good news. That is one less concern you will carry into labour. Best wishes, dear Jeanette.

Louise

Your due date is drawing near, if you haven't delivered already, and we haven't heard from you. I'm sure you're busy and will be for a while to come. This isn't to chasten you or pry; but in case you're looking in or a sister or friend is online with us, I just wanted to say I hope things are going well and send you some love.

I have been thinking about giving an update here for a long time, and time has just gone by.

My birth was my easiest of all my five births. It took 4 hours from the water broke until the baby came out and the pain was not so heavy. The midwife was a young woman from Denmark and she told me she didn't believe in active pushing with one leg up. And she helped me breath and just push a little in between the breaths. Counting through it. I was so happy and surprised when the baby came out after a good birth that I shouted:halleluja he is out! hehe
I had promised myself that I would not check my prolaps with my fingers until long after the birth but when taking a shower two days after I felt my cervix coming out at the introitus when washing. I started to cry. But I told myself that it was normal since I already had prolaps from before and my uterus ofcourse had not shrunk and come into place yet. The cystocele was bad too, but with no complications and the rectocele was alittle bit worse than before too. But after some time all went back to where it was before my latest pregancy. I haven't had the courage to really check it out yet but I havent felt my cervix coming down anymore. I wanted to tell you this, especially in case a worried pregnant woman reads my post and wonder if all went well. God bless you all. My baby boy is so sweet and just got his first two teeth.

It was a nice surprise to see your post today. Thank you so much for giving us an update. I've wondered about you often in the last months. Congratulations on your baby boy. What fun! My babies are all grown up, but I had a sweet dream about one the other night and got to kiss his sweet baby cheeks in my dream. He still lives at home, but neither of us want me kissing his whiskered cheeks now!

I hope the news about your other health problems is as good as the news of your delivery and how you're handling your prolapse. So very good to hear from you,

Bebe

Congrats to you Jeanette on your new little babe and a great birth. Keep posture in mind as you continue to heal, and let us know how everything is going. Great inspiring post! Love to you and the family! - Surviving