Questions?

Body: 

Well does anyone have a suggestions for doing everyday things. Bending down right, picking up things. I try to stay in WW posture. How about stretching to clean things. I bend down and get pain in my pelvic area. Heck sometimes I get pain just sitting there or lying down. Also I have had really loose bowels lately (think I caught what is going around) I am feeling stabbing pain like someone is cutting my rectum. Does anyone have any pain. I feel like every time I move I am doing it wrong. I feel pain if I walk to much (staying in WW posture. I am hoping since this is still all new that it is from that. I rest at night because I am so tired and lay on my side with my heating pad on my neck. Since I can not lay on my back because of prolapse. Also I try to listen to relaxation tapes and do transformational breathing I have always done this on my back, is it okay if I put a pillow to keep ww posture or because I am on my back, or is that a complete no-no, no laying on back at all.
I also think I have all the prolapses now........my doctor did not say that (but of course she said if we do bladder repair we might as well take out your uterus since you are not having anymore babies). I examined myself and I think I have them all from the description in Christine's book. I always wore tampons (if they got stuck I would stick my fingers up there and pull them out) so putting my finger up there was no big deal. Never thought that it would come in handy for this. Of course I am one of those woman who was in complete shock over this happening to me. I am not over weight exercised a life time.

Forum:

Hi Mika – Christine’s book, and FAFP DVD, are chock full of information on how to manage your prolapse as you go about your day. You can also use the Search box on this forum to look for past discussions. Avoid that obtuse body angle, and bend from the hips not the waist. All of this is to keep lumbar curvature in place and help the organs stay pinned into proper position.

I don’t know where you got the idea that sleeping on your back is bad for prolapse. When you’re lying down, anything is okay. It’s when you are upright that you need to protect your lumbar curvature. That’s when the real work of stabilization is being done.

If I had a doctor say to me that I didn’t need my uterus if I was finished having babies, I would be heading for the door and start looking for a different doctor. I hope yours was just trying to make a point, maybe even making a joke.......I hope. - Surviving

I am still having a really hard time. Not sure why. Well I did not notice anything in the DVD's about everyday or in the book will have to reread and watch DVD again to find everyday stuff. I am just trying to survive right now and doing the first aid for prolapse I think about a month now. I was hoping to make more progress....I don't do all the cleaning because of my neck and I do it very slow. Getting so tired of the pain. I guess laying on my back to me means the organs are falling backwards (sorry that is how I think). Well I am not looking for a new doctor right now. I don't have the energy to do much. I have no life because of the neck pain and now prolapse. I am going to a neurosurgeon next month. I would like some kind of life back. I did see my daughter but barely did anything with her, just spent time. Of course 24 advils a day with volteran gel work wonders to get you by. Thanks

So sorry that you are struggling right now. I think the neck pain is separate from this issue but my gut instinct is that this posture will ultimately help it. I know what you mean by the laying down but the thing is, when we are horizontal then gravity is not pulling our organs downward. So, when laying down, it really doesnt matter because you are not fighting gravity. Also, if your day has been filled with good posture work, the horizontal pose for sleep and rest is beneficial in so many ways. Have you watched the beginning portion of the DVD? not just the exercise program but the intro that is there where Christine speaks. It would be good for you to watch that and to relax with it. I think it is Surviving, or maybe Louise, that said she studied and studies the entire DVD before adapting it to her life. I liked that post because it reminded us of the depth of knowledge that is there for us to take and digest in our own time. Look again at it in it's entirety. You will find examples of biking, standing, vacuuming, lifting, running, walking. All other things will come in time when you have the basic understanding. It does take time. Actually, thanks to one of these ladies (maybe it was you) who opened my mind to the fact that there is actually a dictionary of positions right on the DVD. I was so busy doing the exercises that I never saw it sitting there waiting for me to scroll over to it and watch it. How is your posture coming? Are you able to relax your tummy muscles and are you able to breath into your soft belly? Can you slightly lift your chest and crown of head? Does striving for those things make your pain worse? Best wishes to you dear Mika.

Thanks...so much for the reply. Yes when I get the chance I will have to watch it again. I remember that when you push a cart you have to be close to it and close to the vaccum (I don't do the floors). I have to have the energy too.....to think while I am watching. I think I have the WW posture down. Actually I have never felt a posture so natural to me. The first aid video has become very easy, I do not need to hold on to a chair anymore. So I feel more graceful even though I am the big tom-boy. I am doing the fire-breathing.

Wow...it sounds like you have made wonderful progress already. Just keep at it. Sometimes it takes long and dedicated work and then, seemingly over night, things start to get better. Even if you notice no improvement yet, hang in there and remain committed. That is what has helped me. I am rooting for you!

Hello Mika,
I misunderstood about lying down on my back also. The pain, frustration and sadness of this is energy draining for sure. Although I'm feeling downright awful most of the time I'm sure that if I keep reading what others are saying and 'give in' to the suffering (not give up) and stay in the moment I will see progress and understand the dvd's and Christine's book as I go along. So, stay with it and expect no more of yourself than you can do. I know what you mean by wanting your life back.
Pushing and hustle is the way I've always lived and thoroughly enjoyed life at a fast pace. Now, I think I will learn to live a healthy life at a slower pace and see what I've been missing! Daph