Uterine prolapse and menstruation

Body: 

At 52 I still have my periods and find with the prolapse the whole lower abdomen very sore from the belly button down to the pubic bone. I suppose it would not be wise to do kegels at this point? Have any of you had this kind of pain and add to that sore legs because of heaviness of the uterus and bladder. By the way I have an inversion table which I use for the prolapse and it helps but not 100%. Is the slant board you are talking about from Dr. Bernard Jensen the same thing? Thanks.

I find the wk b4 the menstrual is the worse. I feel the most sore and have lower back pain/bloating too. I look and feel pregnant but as the period comes on it does get better. If you don't find it getting better then go get checked out. I am sure mine is prolapse-related.

Yes, I really dislike that feeling of everything feeling lower during the period. I can already see my cervix at the opening sitting on my cystocele so it is just pressure and sagging during that time.

I hope you are feeling better. Just monitor to see if your symptoms go away when your period is over. Btw, what is a slant board/inversion table? How do i get one? Is it like a work out bench that has incline?

Hi Rachel,

when I researced the slant board on the Internet I found that the inversion tables were different in that there often was a much greater tilt to them. Most of the inversion tables I saw had flexible tilts whereas the slant board I have in fixed in one position. It is called a "Slant Six Table" It took some courage for me to ask about the slant board and now I'm so glad I did. I am learning so much on this forum. I will be interested in reading what other replies you receive in order to learn more. Thanks for your question!

Hi mommi2three,
I used Google search under the heading of slant six board. That was how I found out what one looked like. That was also the way I found out about inversion tables as I had no clue what any of them were. Hope that helps

somer - please don't hesitate to ask any questions! I learn so much from everyone here. you never know when something you post will be of help to someone else.

rachel - I'm not sure if I have a uterine prolapse, in all probability I do. but I used to experience terrible soreness during my period (low back, legs, abdomen) and its all but disappeared since I've given up caffeine. just a thought.

I think I will try this suggestion although I love my coffee in the morning. Thank you.

I wonder if I buy a Slant Board at a fitness place. Would this be the same idea. Thanks

:-)