Leaning Uterus

Body: 

Since 16 my GYN told me I had this leaning uterus and I really have no clue exactly what it is and what it is caused by. She said it leaned backwards and I never sweated about it and she seemed not to be to worried about it either. Im 23 now and I started having urine problems like it feels like I have to pee all the time starting around this time last year in January 2012. Well ive had all types of test done with my PCP, GYN, and finally had enough and went to the ER and was suggested to Urologist. He told me I had IC because I didnt have any stones or anything. Well most ppl who get this aren't eating or drinking healthy. Im the type of person i drink water all the time and eat good, salads, free range meat and fish. I dont understand how I could of lost the GA layer of my bladder when my diet was good in the first place and because I am a single female and every dollar counts. I have to somewhat diagnose myself because the medicine any of the doctors have gave me does not work and I dont have money to just keep throwing at it. Like I said Im 23, 135lbs and im 5'7 1/2 and healthy, but still i feel like I have to pee. So im wondering if someone can shine a light on this situation for me. I think it has to do with my leaning uteris because i know when i first started having problems my PCP told me he thought i was pregnant. SO maybe my uteris is leaning on my bladder causing it to feel like i have to pee. Its not like i can get my PCP to call my GYN or UR and get them in the same room. So I figure i would ask some woman on this site and maybe have had the same problem before, because my doctors are startin to tell me there is nothing they can do and it has to heal on its own what ever it is. Help!!!

Forum:

Hi Ms. Michael and welcome! Have you read up on these pages about Whole Woman posture? It is the natural posture that all women have, until someone starts teaching them that “good” posture means sucking in your tummy and tucking your butt. It’s a beautiful and graceful spinal shape with lower lumbar curvature and a relaxed lower belly. It is not just how we manage prolapse, but also how we can maintain the health of our hips and spine throughout life.

A number of our members here have experienced a repositioning of the uterus from doing this work. It uses the round ligaments of the uterus to pull all the organs forward into the lower belly, which is why we need to adopt that relaxed belly to make room. And for many women this has helped take the pressure off so the urge to pee can be alleviated.

Are you positive that you are emptying completely? Try down on hands and knees in the shower, and when you are on the toilet, keep lumbar curve in place and lift up and forward taking some of the weight off the seat. Another member has just today reminded us that sometimes you just have to wait a couple of minutes for more to come out.

I do recommend WW posture. Have a look around the site and ask your questions. This is a wonderful community where anything and everything can be discussed! - Surviving

Ms. Michael,
The leaning uterus you describe is actually a retroverted uterus. When I was around you age, the doctors told me it was a tipped uterus and that I would have trouble having babies, but I didn't at all.
They never explained to me what it meant. I found out that when I came to this site with a stage 3 uterine prolapse.
The uterus actually tips to the back towards the rectum, and, in my case, years of bad posture and heavy lifting, it started sliding down into my vagina.
You are young yet and have a great chance of not having my fate! You could be in the early stages of bladder prolapse.
Just read everything you can on this site, and please take the advice of these wonderful ladies here, especially Surviving here, and Louise. Lots of great information.
I am 50, noticed the worst of my symptoms last October, and am now on the mend and going in the right direction for my prolapse.
Wishing you the best!!

I can’t help you with the leaning uterus, but it sounds to me like it has not actually prolapsed. If it is leaning towards your rectum, maybe it is dragging your bladder a little with it and as you say causing the frequent urination. This would mean correct posture could realign your uterus and so save the bladder from being pressured.

I don’t know a lot about IC, but it too appears to cause an inflammation which can put your bladder into hyperdrive. The other thing with IC is that even though you can be eating well, there maybe something in your diet which sets it off. A list from the doctor of foods may not necessarily be a perfect match. You may have to wiggle it a little.

In my case I am sure that it is an allergic reaction and so at its worse I take an antihistamine. Trouble is, the term IC seems to be broad and covers a number of things so what works for some will not work for everyone.

A bit of trial and error on your part seems the wisest choice at this point. Keep a food diary and type posture into the search box at top of the page and find a good description of posture and start adopting it. You have nothing to lose except a bit of time and patience and hopefully a solution to be gained.

Cheers, Fab

Thank you!!

I think I do need to fix my posture.. I am going to look at the WW posture. Ive noticed I do slouch alot and want to quit because im getting a red line across the top of my stomach. Im only 130 lbs but I have noticed pasted couple months my hips have been bothering me too and popping alot. I believe the thing that bothers me the most with any food is salt. I have narrowed it down to pretty much mainly salt that bothers my bladder. Thank You ladies alot because I dont have any woman to talk to like that. :)

Hi Ms Michael,
Start by walking with your feet & toes straight, & parallel, which is part of WWPosture - just doing that helped my hips immensely.

Christine's Book & DVDs add to that, so we can become the strong healthy women we are meant to be for life.

Christine's explanation of hip problems & how WWPosture & exercise helps, can be found if you click on Forums - click on pelvic health - go to page 12, click on "Just Discovered Uterus in on Way Down" by me.
This thread turns into a hips discussion, from the 5th post & Christine's post titled "hips" is the 10th one.
How wonderful that Christine has been researching & writing her next book on hips, for men & women, which will be available soon!!!
You can also search the word hips & read what others had to say, though I can't find the above post by Christine that way.
Also go to Christine's Blog page & search her previous articles to June 2, 2012 & read
"Balance - The Sixth Sense " & the attached video. It is amazing!! I treasure it as one of my favourites!!

Christine's work encompasses our whole body & soul's health & well-being for life.
Hope this is of help,
(((hugs))) & Best Wishes
Aussie Soul Sister

Hi Ms Michael

The 2013 Whole Woman Practitioner training group has just completed a module on the hip joint, and preventing hip problems. Yes, hip problems and prolapse are linked. Whole woman posture is a major part of conserving our hips.

It is an amazing area of study. Christine is working on her book on Saving Your Hips. Keep an eye on the Hips tab at the top of the page for further news, as she works towards publication.

Louise

My goodness!! I was told 15 years ago that I have a 'tilted uterus'. Wouldn't it be great if the ww posture would help correct it?? I thought it was just hereditary, but now I'm wondering if I made some of the same mistakes that my mom did while young: heavy lifting (only 5' tall) and poor posture (adding height by wearing high heels)??

This site is FULL of interesting, helpful information -- that would take months to find all you need!!!

:-)
w2k

I also have a tilted uterus, so does my mother. I never thought anything of it, apart from it being a nuisance during some sex positions, when the penis could hit the "wall". Very painful! I have had two pregnancies without any problems at all.

see my story in the Long Standing Members' Success Stories!

Louise