Peeing in the shower :)

Body: 

Hi, just thought I'd share my bladder emptying technique. I found it easy to empty the bladder on all fours during my shower. Seems convenient to do that at least once a day!

lol I dont think I would do that - My MS nurse told me about double micturation which helps to empty the bladder - Basically you go pee... Stand up - take a breath - sit - go pee - Then your bladder is more empty - works for me :)

My pt told me open and close my knees while sitting on the toilet peeing so that would empty out. Is that similar to what ur talking about? I have not heard of double micturation. I was reading Christine's recommendation about emptying the bladder once a day on all fours into a plastic bucket and I didn't have one at the time so I tried it in the shower and no flushing involved. Ha ha ha ha!!!

I walked in on my 7 yo dd in the bathroom the other day. she was urinating...standing up! facing the toilet, legs sorta straddling the toilet with her hands braced on the tank. I asked her why she pees that way and she looked at me like I'm plain old dumb and said its easier than sitting. I know she's jealous of her brothers being able to pee standing, maybe that's how she discovered this, but one of these days I might try her technique.

Hilarious!!!!

I actually pee in the shower too, only standing up! Also I lean to the left when sitting on the toilet-it works! lol Linda
My Healing Pages:
http:/foreveralive.homestead.com/touchit.html
This page offers links I have found useful for bladder prolapse and women's issues.