Sea Sponges and V supporter

Body: 

Can anyone tell me about the sea sponges and what they can help with.

Also, about where I can get them and the V supporter (underwear, right?)

thank you

Not everyone finds them useful - I am not sure what country you are in so here is a web site talking about them
http://www.jadeandpearl.com/tampon-sponge.htm

:)

Has anyone found sponges in their health food store? And do you wear them as tampons too? Or just as a natural pessary? Anyone with rectocele wear them?

Kathy

Hi Kathy,

I use the sea sponges and I have a slight rectocele and a cystocele. They do not cause any undue pressure on either of my celes. They really work great for me and relieve the pressure. They were actually created to use as a natural tampon, but need to be taken out and rinsed at least every 2 hours when you are on your cycle. I use them with a pad when on my cycle. However, you can use them as "nature's pessary" for certain prolapse conditions. You can buy them at jadeandpearl.com or pandorapads.com on the net. I have not yet found them in a healthfood store. Too bad! But, that's the beauty of the internet -- we wouldn't have been able to share this information without it!! Good luck to you! Oh & see my notes to Linda under Pelvic Health Forum for info on how to clean the sponges. Take good care, April

Sue,

It might be just the positioning of the sponge .... when I first tried using it -- it fell down and pushed right out of me. See my post to Kathy on Pelvic Health for correct positioning. Hope that helps!

Take good care, April :)

I'm really looking forward to trying the sponge after I'm all healed up from the fistula surgery. Since I have primary cystocele, it might really help especially during activity/workouts. I really didn't have many symptoms of it before surgery (no heaviness/bulge) but did have some intermittent incontinence so I'm hoping that it will help with that. It just feels 'right' to me to try to maintain the organs in their natural alignment as much as possible.

I did see them at my local health food store the other day. They seem to come in different sizes randomly, should I be looking for the largest ones I can get? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Peace.
Michele (mermaidsd)

Unfortunately the sponge made no difference to me (I have front and back prolapse, not uterus). However the V2 supporter works great when I know I will be on my feet a while. Goodluck. The only way you'll know is if you try :)

I read your question about locating a v supporter and if you visit my bladder prolapse page(below), I found a place you can purchase them. No, I do not sell them or anything else on the page, I just compiled some links that I found helpful and I want to share what I found. Linda
My Healing Pages:
http:/foreveralive.homestead.com/touchit.html
This page offers links I have found useful for bladder prolapse and women's issues.