Can things actually fall out?

Body: 

This may seem like a stupid question, but it's bothered me for a while...with my prolapse bulge seeming to grow larger at times and appearing as a water balloon pressing most often past the labia (vaginal lips I think) and not staying up for very long most days, is it possible for this bulge to fall completely out of my vagina (like a man's testicals)? FYI, I had surgery to remove my uterus and 1 ovary about 15 years ago so I no longer have any supportive organs.

Forum:

Cecilly, I'm not sure what the answer is. What is actually pushing past the labia? Do you have just 'celes or is your vaginal vault beginning to give way? - Surviving

Well, as I originally described, it's like a water balloon bulge that's filling up the vaginal entrance and bulging at times lower than the outer vaginal lips. My GP said I had rectocele, but I think everything's settled downward to be honest. It's just that when the bulge is there it's really there! It's more present shortly after I eat and before I poop (when I feel the pressure to poop). Several times during the day Ill push things back up although things don't always stay up for long. I just didn't know if what's bulging could actually come all the way out (and hang like a man's testicals).

Cecilly, you have described what has happened to me also. My uro Dr. had me go through a session of physical therapy to learn kegals then tried fitting me with a pessary which I could not wear so now I am told my only option is surgery or live with it. I am trying to explore all of my options to make the best informed decision for my well-being. I would like to know your thoughts on how to deal with this. Thank You.

My cervix hung out like a penis, I had failed mesh surgery, now the remaining cervix falls down , I believe filled with the lower area of my bladder which though the surgeon who meshed my up said it would not work for me- my donut pessary appears to be a good medical device for such a bad prolapse - it took a long practice and $200 to get this pessary ok(i had mesh infected and removed) I also continue to work on my posture and diet.