POP and g-spot

Body: 

Hi everyone, I have a question about the effect of prolapse on the g-spot. My understanding is that the g-spot is inside the vagina, on the anterior wall behind where the clitoris is on the outside. My question is, what happens to the g-spot in the case of cystocele? Does the bladder push the g-spot out of the way?

I started thinking about this because my partner bought a new vibrator, which is a sort of horse-shoe shape, one end vibrates against the clitoris and one end against the g-spot. We haven't tried it yet but I was wondering if it is going to work with a bladder prolapse. (I know we can just give it a try and we will, but I am interested to know if anyone has any ideas or thoughts).

Forum:

When sex ceases to be good enough then one day I might go looking for G. I thought the G was a unicorn, or perhaps the Holy Grail. That secret place that only a man can discover and if he fails, he has failed his quest, so he must not cease his seeking. Should a maiden beckon and commence him on this quest, is she cruel? Has she caught him in her power, and bewitched him? I would have thought one can have a G spot anywhere one chooses, as an extension of the clitoris makes the most sense to me.

Hey, maybe the bladder is shielding it for good reason, I thought it was sinful to have too much fun. Well, I had thoughts but not many ideas.

cheers, Fab

You're funny Fab.

A while ago, I remember reading this interview with Professor Beverly Whipple, the woman who "discovered" (or coined the phrase anyway) the g-spot: http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/healthreport/female-orgasm/3398274. I found it interesting. Others might too.

where “I’m building a stairway to paradise. I build a new step everyday” comes from. But seriously what happens with operations on our pelvic organs? Do we lose it?

I suggest you read : 'The story of V'. Women are a lot more sexy than most of think!
xwholewomanuk

Soz - forgot to put the author before.
xWWUK

Curiosity, we are waiting for the vibrator report! - Surviving

But seriously what happens with operations on our pelvic organs? Do we lose it?

I've wondered the same thing. What happens to all of those sensitive nerves when you slice a vagina up the middle and stitch it back together? Do they get cut out? Or do they re-grow somehow?

I'll get onto it Surviving!

As I understand it, the G-spot is on the anterior wall. It feels kind of spongy, though I think that is when aroused, rather than normally.

The male urethra has the prostate surrounding it at the bladder end. The female urethra has the same tissue, but more dispersed, around the full length of the urethra. The clitoris is not just the little pearly button. That is more analogous to the glans penis. Prostatic tissue has a role in sexual sensation. This is the best image I could find with a quick google. http://www.agefotostock.com/en/Stock-Images/Rights-Managed/DOC-125113 . In addition to the little pink button it shows the crura which extend back along the pubic bones, the vestibular bulbs surrounding the vaginal entrance, the prostatic tissue surrounding the urethra, and an area on the bladder, up near the cervix. I think the g-spot is the bit around the urethra.

Don't get too hung up on all the different parts. Some of these spots are not as defined in reality, but more diffused. It is a hot little area all over. I wouldn't worry about where your g-spot has gone. Your body will tell you. As a woman who reads these forums you will know how much your vagina changes position and shape and length, and how your bladder and uterus move around. Sometimes your g-spot will be where you expect it and sometimes it will be somewhere else, cystocele or not.

Enjoy the vibrator!

Louise

I too have wondered, but having studied these surgeries I can only conclude that the surgeons who do them are not really concerned about sexual function as a high priority. ONe of the reasons I declined the kind offer of surgery was that I didn't want a scalpel anywhere near my tackle!

Why of course, Louise! As long as there is a place for someone to insert his member, what else could there possibly be for anyone to concern themselves over?

I wonder if all sex toys designed to stimulate both clitoris and g-spot have the same distance between the two parts of the toy?

Does anyone feel like getting out their collection and measuring them for comparison?

I am sure that all women are different. Why would all sex toys be the same?

Do you have a favourite? I wonder if your favourite has the distance just right, like Goldilocks' porridge?

Louise ;-)

What about us women? What not so innocent role do we play in all this? I know my mother’s generation were pre decent contraception pills/devices in their child bearing years and the not wanting more children would have played a possibly encouraging hand in their decision to have a pelvic organ operation. My generation possibly followed suit because their mum had had an operation, although things had changed in that it was now a hysterectomy rather than a sew up. And so you found that in many relationships you had women passing the ball: “Darling when you are at the doctors next time, ask him about vasectomies will you? That’s a dear.” So what about generation X? I know some had their tubes tied for they, altruistically, weren’t going to add to the burgeoning world population, but it was not an irredeemable decision and they still carried secret dreams of reversals. I haven’t got a good plug into generation Y yet as it is early days, at least for most, pelvic organ prolapse wise. But if by having surgery you not only get rid of that horrible prolapsed condition but earn yourself a permanent contraceptive well then there may just be too many advantages in this situation to resist.

However, the game plan has changed again. Now that it is “everyone’s right and bounden responsibility to have orgasm” and now that we have ‘scientific’ proof that the G spot exists although there still appears to be a mite of confusion just where it exists, maybe WW should be pushing the vanishing G spot line as good argument to halt the surgery?

Whether it's surgical disruption of the G spot or other pertinent 'spots' or discomfort or feeling unsexy or fear, I think you're right that we ought to be discussing the effects of sex on prolapse and prolapse on sex as a matter of preventing/avoiding surgery. Considering the many factors that contributed to my pop (retardation of physical development by being raised as a house pet, poor nutrition, badly managed obstetrical care and deliveries, sedentary adult lifestyle), sexual practices have to be included. Being inhibited by religious indoctrination and unrealistic expectations, backlashing with promiscuity, overcompensating with frigidity....altogether unhealthy sexual attitudes and practices...must have something to do with the physical 'unhealth' of pelvic organs. I feel sure that wholesome, responsive, and frequent sexual intercourse would have provided the 'workout' my system needed to help maintain itself. I'm still hoping it's not too little, too late; because I believe even now that it will improve my condition. It's another thing we need to be talking with our daughters about, instead of living in fear of their being hurt and teaching them to be repressed.

And aren't there enough ways to avoid getting pregnant that women shouldn't be so ready to submit to mutilation of their natural functions and responsiveness?

Yes, I really think it is about time we stopped putting the victim tag onto on those ladies who have had surgery and stop projecting our anger and frustration out on the doctors who according to us victimised them. All of us on this site are demonstrating that we are taking control and managing our lives. We need to give the same respect to other women whatever decisions they have made. And let’s face it, they haven’t been offered Christine’s third way for prolapse. All they have been offered is surgery or putting up with it. Just on those grounds their choice for surgery has been rational. The doctors are just the providers of the only way and deserve a bit of a break. We would do better looking at ourselves and recognising this anger and frustration as ours and make it work for us rather than projecting it onto others and making us sick.

Don’t worry I had the same stultifying religious upbringing that so many of us have had. I used to blush when talk came to anything to do with sex and not just as a teenager. “Contraception was sinful, you were killing babies” and all the rest of the guilt and immobilizing opinions. It just makes it too hard for women to make proper choices so an operation for a condition that she suffered through no fault of her own and what’s more in the noble cause of having children can present as a possible escape hatch; an added bonus so to say.

But we are a post-patriarchal society now. We need to forget the victim tag and the male oppressor one. It will keep us back. It’s up to us to speak to our daughters as you say. It’s up to us to present what we are doing as doable as a true alternative three.

Women have become independent economic (wage earning) units without the help of the extended family for child minding, and this also complicates things and probably makes surgery for prolapse, the quick fix, and caesarean sections the great preventer. I think we need to face full on what we are up against. Those industries will continue to grow, we will not be able to stop them, but we can continue what we are doing to spread the word and show the how of Christine’s third way.

The day will come, when women will no longer have anyone but themselves to blame for their surgeries. I'm not saying we are there yet. But WW has been around for a decade. The HERS Foundation, for over 3 decades. For the last several years, this has all been readily available to anyone with the internet. Three years ago, I found this site without batting an eye, and that was even before it was redesigned for better searchability.

We work hard to keep spreading the word. But it's up to women to pay attention. - Surviving

I did get a kick out of your search for G comments. A smile back to you.

So we tried out the new vibrator... I was worried that it might push my cystocele around a bit but that was fine. I don't feel like I got that much g-spot action though so in that way it wasn't really better than a clitorus-only vibrator.

Breaking news bulletin exclusive to this news source. G has escaped from vaginaland corrective facility overnight. It is believed G managed to break through a hole in a pair of pantyhose which was due to be replaced today, 7.30 daylight saving time.

Reports have just come to hand that G was sighted moving to high ground in the vicinity of Albuquerque. Maidens advise G should not be approached as G is believed to be armed and dangerous.

Senior Police Officer Maidenhood has advised that the special maiden squad equipped with Vibrators and douche sprays are combing the Albuquerque area. Residents are advised to be on the lookout for anything suspicious and report to police.

The Anti-G Movement spokesperson has blamed careless and irresponsible G owners for the escape and demands immediate action from authorities. They also want a national public education campaign to explain the perils of the G-quest and protect young women from such dangerous quests. The Save Our Daughters Society agrees with the main aim of such an education campaign, but claims there needs to be more community consultation before it is released. Naomi Wolf, meanwhile, has received an upsurge in hate mail.

Unnamed sources close to the government explain that it is the fault of the President who has allowed women into the White house.

The Pro-G Group have been accused of seeking to aid and abet G. The President of the Pro-G Group has been arrested and is presently being held for questioning.

Now for news on the ground from our roving reported Nan Ticklefeather.
“Nan, what’s it like at the moment in Albuquerque?”
(Nan is seen standing in front of WW)
“Well Fran, as you can see in the background there is a lot of movement here with G-spot detectors in a helicopter overhead which has been doing ground sweeps (Looks at watch) for about six hours now. Search squads are doing a ground search of every farmhouse and anywhere that sightings have been made.”
“And what’s the general mood amongst the populace?”
“Well Fran, there are very few women about; in the shops or on the streets at the moment.”
“Is the populace afraid?”
“Yes, most parents are keeping their daughters home. No-one arrived for school, the nurses at the hospital are very nervous…”

Reporter touches her ear piece and concentrates hard. “Well Fran, it sounds like they have caught G. From what I can gather they will be bringing G into town shortly.”

Town behind reporter rapidly transforms into carnival.

Lol! That is great Fab!!
I have to wonder if the g spot is a little overrated. There is so much stimulation a woman can experience, that the g spot seems rather overshadowed by the rest. When a woman is feeling sexy and very confident in herself, just about anything can turn her on!! Am I wrong in thinking this way?

I don't think you are wrong in thinking that way at all. I'm with you in "There is so much stimulation a woman can experience". Boy, after that I am a wet rag all day! But there is always amongst us the curious, the brave, the resilient and the searcher for the furthermost reach as well as the foolhardy and sometimes someone has all of that, NOT TO MENTION ANY NAMES.

Ha ha Fab.
Just out of curiosity what type of orgasm do you have? And others? And do you find it has been affected by prolapse? I have both, although clitoral more often and more easily.

so it’s a survey you be doing curiosity. But that’s like asking what colour is the colour red. Hmm, but I think I prefer, as I said to graceful, the little death rather than the big one. I mean heart rate wise etc the big one can come mighty close to the real thing and then there’s the long drop to normal and its disappointment.

When it comes to orgasm, what prolapse?

I hope to die from orgasm, no matter what sort it is. All I know is that it will have to be major to kill me. Bring it on!

So, did G escape from custody? Does anyone know where she is? I think every woman should check you know where. If anyone finds her, don't tell the cops or we are all doomed!

Loved your story, Fab.

L

is cracking me up!
I love it.
Raaaaawrrrr :)

This is a true story…. Possibly only for the superstitious. The past week I have been visiting my dearest friend in the 2G ward at the local public hospital. In my queerest moments I have wondered whether my slagging of the G-spot had upset Queen G of Alphabet fame, or just plain G of spot fame. At any rate it was someone very powerful who in due course felt compelled to revenge my impudence or otherwise possibly she would lose face. At any rate, that’s where I have been the past week and although a reasonably clean and friendly place, it is also one of suffering and malaise and certainly not somewhere I would choose to be. So if you are thinking of G today, show respect.

Lol! You really have a way with words, Fab!! Hail to the G, wherever she resides!

When I started reading this Fab, I thought you were going to say that your friend was having spontaneous orgasms in hospital. *That* would be g's revenge!

:-) I don't think so.

I too am wondering whether a prolapse operation interferes with the clitoris, with all the cutting and sewing that occurs during the operation. Has anybody else wondered the same thing.