True beauty!

Body: 

I thought I was beyond having any massive posture epiphanies at this point. But I just had a doozy.

We have a new social worker, just hired. When she first walked past my office door, I did a double-take, and after a few seconds, it hit me – she had the most gorgeously perfect and stunning WW posture I’ve ever seen in the course of my everyday life. And the way she was dressed, it was totally on display.

Many of us who live in the posture, especially the older ones like me who have varying degrees of self-consciousness about our bellies and our bodies as a whole, tend to dress in such a way that our posture is not obvious. If we adopted this posture late in life, there is only so much natural lumbar curvature we will ever be able to re-establish. We need our nice, unrestrictive clothing to help us reposition those wayward organs. But what if we had never lost that curvature? Like a child, or like this young woman? Her clothes will never cinch her in at the waist, because that is simply not the shape of her body. Her clothes can hug her body and show off her shape, without compromising that shape and pushing her organs around. She carries herself like a beautiful young child who has not yet lost ANY of that curvature. And, she has boobs. What a combination! I saw, in a way that I hadn’t before, just how totally stunning this natural correct carriage really is.

If I ever get a chance to know this woman well enough, I will ask her how in the world she managed to arrive at adulthood having totally avoided the whole suck-and-tuck mentality. Wouldn’t it be weird if she didn’t even know what I was talking about?

She gives me inspiration to wear my posture more proudly. I am not overweight but I carry some unnecessary belly fat that I would like to get rid of. I think I will just do it. Meanwhile, let’s PLEASE teach our young women never to lose this beautiful and healthy thing we know as Whole Woman posture. Love and encouragement to you all - Surviving

Forum:

This is a wonderful post, surviving! I know I find my self staring at women now, looking to see who is in posture and who isn't, wondering if they are aware of whole woman.
On sucking and tucking, when I talked to my daughter about my prolapse, I had said remember the whole sucking and tucking society has been enforcing on us as proper posture? And, she said she had never heard of that! I remember that plainly growing up, especially watching my own mom doing it, trying to look thinner, I guess. I also remember being told to do it in gym class, and from magazines, exercise videos! It was everywhere, but she didn't see that as part of her life growing up, so maybe there is hope for our young women coming after us!
Thanks so much for posting this, very inspirational!!

I certainly hope you are both right about this. It would be great to think that the young generation have made it; that women have developed their souls to full maturity so that they can be young and feminine and confident. That they will no longer be subject to a veneration of men and unlike our, and earlier, generation not do their very best to emulate men; wear trousers, suck their tummy in, tuck their tail under, fall for adventurers or swindlers and find it impossible to get loose from them, lack confidence in our mental ability and accept the status quo; but instead transcend all of that and become unified within themselves, accept themselves for who and what they truly are.
I was only noticing today how all the women shoppers of all ages are wearing stove pipe trousers. I took this latest manifestation of male fashion for females as a bit of a step backward in women’s advance. But your posts are much more encouraging. So surviving, go girl wear what you want, strut your stuff.