Introduction

Body: 

Hi - sort of shy and not good on saying things so have put off posting. I was devastated last week after my fitting for a pessary - I fall into the 40% category that cannot wear one. Am a 4 on all 3 areas of prolapse. My life seems pretty much over - planned to try to put off surgery as long as possible. Then after surgery, live out my life as best as possible. Already have seen the toll this surgery takes on family members & friends. The lady was a bit on the rude side when I kept asking what else I could do without surgery - hastily she stated, "Nothing else can be done, we discussed this all yesterday!" " I sent the information just now to your doctor." I am seeing a chiropractor who suggested a pessary or B12 injections into the ligaments, so was checking out my options. Came home and found this website - a true Godsend! Stopped doing the old kegels!!! My Whole Women literature was delayed & am still waiting for it. In the meantime am practicing good posture and starting the new kegels - both seem to give a little relief.
My sister-in-law posted her doctor suggested a hysterectomy yesterday to which I referred her to this site. Her responses from numerous friends on Facebook painted such a rosy picture of life after sugery - seems so attractive and easy fix (discovered hers is a different type of uterine problem) , but I know what could happen following this path.
Since do not have information yet - can anyone tell me if the chiropractic exercise will harm my progress: you sit on a air filled cushion and tilt head & body to right side over shoulder as far as possible then to other side, then facing front bend over past lap & then back to looking up , the 3rd is elbows out & twisting at waist side to side. Thank you.

Hi!! There aren't very many of us!! I am very shy also so I know how you feel! I don't have an answer about the chiropractor but I know someone on here will!! I just wanted to show you some support! Its so great that you put off surgery n it's awesome that you found this site!! WW has changed my life! I have 3-4 uterine prolapse as well as a cystocele n rectocele n the advice I received here as we'll as committing to the posture 100% have made a huge difference in my prolapses, life, and emotional well being!! I hope you find all the info you need!! Wish you the best!

TY - already feel among friends :)

I'm sorry do you want me to erase the name part? I'm sorry just got excited I've never actually met another one w my name!! I will definitely erase it if it helps!! :)

Might be a good idea for both of us - but thrilled you are happy about the name - mine was the only name in our small town & moved close to a city - now know 6 more ladies with the same name :)

Hi foundlady and welcome. I'm not picturing the exercise you describe, and i'm wondering for what purpose your chiro gave it to you. For prolapse, or something else? I guess the main concern for now would be, do you feel any less or any more pressure on your pelvic organs when you do it? Let that be your guide as you learn more about the posture, body angles during exertion, proper bending and lifting. Making this posture correction is a challenge and takes time and dedication. But it is so empowering. Learn firebreathing techniques too.

For anyone considering hysterectomy, have them check out Christine's video interview with Nora Coffey of the HERS Foundation (it's on this site under "Resources" - video). Also Nora's book, The H Word. Hyst is certainly the wrong solution for prolapse and I find it hard to fathom why this reality is taking the world so long to catch up to. And hyst has a long list of other side effects, none of them good.

So you have found your way here......this is a good thing. It has changed my life in countless ways, large and small. Come back for answers and support whenever you need some!! - Surviving