Breast cancer

Body: 

Just as I found help for my prolapse by wearing a V2 supporter, another issue has arisen. A large lump appeared on my breast, so big that it is visible in the mirror. Two days ago, I had a mammogram, an ultrasound and a biopsy. From what I was told so far, it does not appear "good". In a week or more, I should get the biopsy results.

My question is this: Does anyone know a site such as this one for breast cancer? I know that some women on this site also have had BC.

Thank you to anyone who has suggestions.

Forum:

I don't know of a site, but if you do a search on the internet (maybe try multiple search engines) I'm sure you will find something. That's how I found this site! Best of luck to you, please come back and post after your diagnosis. We will be thinking of you and hoping for the best. - Surviving

Thanks, I always appreciate you for all the help you give to us on this site.

Just take it day by day. Thinkin' of you. :-)

Hello osmari
There is some good discussion boards if you type in under Google search : breast cancer forums
You will find a lot of websites too at breastcancer.org. I have had breast cancer in 2007 and am now alright. It is very scary at the time if you get a diagnosis of breast cancer, but there is a very large survival rate nowadays as treatments for cancer have greatly improved. I hope you find the forums as you will get lots of help and support there. My thoughts and prayers for you. (Hugs)

Dear osmari,
Sending you best wishes,
& (((hugs)))
Aussie Soul Sister

Thank you so very much ladies. (((Hugs))) back to all of you!

And yes, Charlene, it is very scary just waiting for the verdict; I am so very happy for you that you are fine now as I feel encouraged.

Best wishes to you!

I cannot offer you site suggestions but just wanted to send you love and best wishes. Please keep us posted.

Butterfly and MsNightingale....thank you for your kindness and caring.

Hi there.....I am a breast cancer survivor (diagnosed November, 2009). I found SO much help from breastcancer.org. Not only are there places to get information, but the forum is wonderful!! I joined that group as soon as I was diagnosed. I found wonderful ladies who were willing to answer all kinds of questions. Then, when I was scheduled for my bilateral mastectomy (January, 2010) there was a thread set up for just us....and I am STILL friends with quite a few from there. In fact, one gal lived in my own city - which was pretty amazing considering we had ladies in our group from all over the US and Canada.

The forum for our mastectomy group was my lifeline. Since then, we have made our own private Facebook group...we share each others sorrows, joys, accomplishments, etc.

I can't say enough GOOD about breastcancer.org.

Good luck...and if I can be of any help to you in any way, please let me know.

(and I am newly diagnosed with grade 3 cystocele and mild rectocele....sigh. So I'm looking for THOSE answers now....sigh)

blessings..

I cannot thank you enough!!!! I cannot imagine all that you went through. Did you have chemo and radiation? (Those scare me the most.)

I don't know if wearing a V2 supporter and/or Fembrace would help you but I have been wearing both for about a month and find much relief for my severe prolapse of bladder and uterus. I think I also have rectocele.

If you want to see what the "braces" look like, google and you should find photos. You might have to experiment with different sizes as I found that the suggested sizes did not fit me.

Once again, thank you very much for the information. I have been searching the net but I don't think I came upon that site.

I wish you all the best.

I have a very large cystocele that protrudes from the vagina. Started out small at first but now must be a grade 4, Am debating surgery or a pessary. Has anyone had one this large and if so how are you coping with it? I am in my seventies . thank you for any help, so discouraged

I also have a very large prolapse that protrudes. I had a large ring pessary for a couple of years but it caused much internal damage so now I have been without for almost a year. Now I find the "V2 supporter" gives me more relief than the pessary did. Do not be discouraged.

If I could start all over, I would buy the V2 supporter before getting a pessary. It keeps the prolapse from drooping all the way out and I no longer feel the discomfort of "things" being pulled down.

My friend started with one surgery and is now awaiting her 9th or 10th so I would never consider having the first surgery. If you are new to this site, I suggest you spend a lot of time reading; you will learn a lot and gain confidence that you actually can live with prolapse.

Do you have the book by Christine Kent? More than likely someone else will read your note and give you additional tips like doing everything in Whole Woman Posture, and not sitting in a reclining chair etc..

I wish all the best for you and please do not get discouraged. I know how scary it can be until you get the confidence that you can actually cope with prolapse.