Knee and hips

Body: 

Does saving the hips also help the knees? My husband's knees are starting to hurt, but the hips are alright. Is this how it all starts?

Hi TVbug,

Yes, the first sign of degenerative hip disease is often felt in the knees. It is all beautifully connected!

Christine

The foot bone's connected to the ankle bone, etc. Yes, it is one complex machine with everything connected. If someone develops an abnormality of some sort in a joint or organ I think it would be fair to say that it is a sign that the whole body needs attention. As humans we have a unique characteristic in our legs. We can extend both the knee and the hip at the same time. No other primate can do this. The hips and the knees are intimately connected, as are the other parts right down to the tips of the toes and up to the top of the head, including the arms and hands. But Christine is the expert on this. You can find out all about this in her new book, which is available at the WW Store. It is a truly amazing book, hot off the press!

Louise

Is the 20% sale still on? The email said it ends at midnight on Tuesday October 15, but that's confusing - does that mean it ended on Monday night (which would be technically correct) or it ends Tuesday night, in a couple of hours?

Kiko, you should call them, I don't think the forum is going to be the quickest place to get an answer to this question (unless you're lucky). - Surviving

hi kiko,

the sale is monday oct 14 - tues oct 15th. ends tues nite central daylight time. so you're good for another six hours, or call me at +1 505-243-4010 if it's easier. hope all is well.

all the best,
lanny

Thanks Lanny!

I can only give you my experience..I've had arthritic hips and knees since I was 12. I started with WW and slowly the arthritic symptoms subsided. it was gradual and I wasnt looking to heal my hips/knees at that time so I wasnt really paying attention. but I can tell you that I feel like I have a new body these days. no hip pain. no knee pain. and I've been running a bit too.

That's interesting granolamum. I've been doing WW work for a couple of years, but although it helps prolapse it doesn't solve my hips/knee problems. I've ordered the hips bundle now so here's hoping!

That is interesting Kiko, ever had your posture checked? I'm here 3-1/2 years and though I didn't have any known hip issues when I started, my hips feel totally 100% different now. - Surviving

Me too. Hips very much improved. I haven't been to a chiropractor in almost two years now , when I used to go once a month or more. And I did have very bad lower and upper back problems. It is not that I don't get a little achiness, but at least they don't go out like they used to. I really like the second wheel yoga DVD for a good hip stretching. May not be the same for others, but really helps me.

Surviving, I haven't yet hadn't my posture checked, although there is now a practitioner about an hour's drive from here. Hmmm.

I also love the second wheel for how my hips feel afterwards, although the last leg raising exercise gives me difficulty - basically feels like my hip is coming out of my socket...

Oh my kiko, that's not good. I find that if I have difficulty with certain portions of the DVDs, I will skip some of them, and then try them again later or just do fewer of them. Don't know what to say about your hip feeling like it is coming out of your socket during the leg raise. Maybe someone else would know the answer to that. I also do some stretching before I do the DVDs. I still get some stiffness and have to work at it a little more slowly than other times.
Hope you find some relief soon. Best wishes!

Kiko, if I'm remembering correctly, and not thinking of anyone else, you have mentioned this hips-coming-out-of-socket feeling before. Is this a feeling that started after you began WW posture? Or is it a feeling you have had since before that, which was not alleviated by WW posture? Have you considered consulting with Christine about it? At this point I guess it would make sense to wait for the book/DVD to see if it answers any of your questions. Do take care. - Surviving

Yes, I did mention the hips-out-of-socket feeling before, a couple of weeks back. Louise wrote after my post and explained what it probably was. It's something I've had for years, long before babies or WW work but it's possibly getting a little worse. I'm only a year postpartum at the moment so I wonder if that's a factor.

Am hoping for some good stuff from the hips bundle. And talking to my mum about it over the weekend led her to mention her hips sometimes hurt, so it looks like we might be doing the exercises together.

Anyway, it's reassuring to hear that other people have had a lot of relief hip-wise from the WW work. I've boosted my efforts with posture and WW exercises as a result of reading that. It may just be that I'm not doing ENOUGH of the work.