83 year old, stage 1 endometrial cancer

Body: 

Recently diagnoses with stage 1 endometrial cancer.
C125 blood test is normal
pap smear & endo cervix biopsy normal
D&C biopsy stage 1 endometrial cancer

Dr. is pushing for hysterectomy, but I believe i'm too old & frail for such surgery.

Any opinions concerning alternative treatments.
Although the "gold standard" is hysterectomy, I'm strongly considering internal or external radiation as treatment, perhaps with progesterone hormone therapy.

Being grade one, I have no sense of how aggressive this cancer is, but I believe the above mentioned treatment & close monitoring for recurrence or continued growth is a better option than a hysterectomy & all the potential side effects.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Thank you,

Lula

Hi lula and welcome. We are not medical people here, just a community of women learning to live with varying degrees of prolapse, and avoid surgeries. If anyone here has any similar experiences to share, they may come on here and do so, but essentially this is beyond the scope of what we do here. Saving women from unwarranted hysterectomies is certainly one of our top goals. But in your case, I personally don't have any opinion to offer. I hope that you will keep looking for answers and find the path that is right for you. - Surviving