Pajama Jeans-prolapse friendly?

Body: 

Greetings to everyone! I have been trying to figure out what to wear; a way to look cute and ready for the day and also avoid wearing jeans or other tighter types of clothing that cause my symptoms to be a little worse at the end of the day. I have tried skirts and dresses which are great, but I also need to wear tennish shoes with orthodics in them for my flat and bunioned feet, but a dress and tennish shoes combo just isn't cute for a stay at home mom. I was surfing the internet today and found something called pajama jeans. They are pretty much jeans made with really stretchy fabric that don't have a zipper and button. Haven't tried them yet, but I know that when I wear sweat pants or pajamas throughout the day I have little to know prolapse symptoms. Just wanted to share, feel free to share other ideas of classy but prolapse-friendly clothing!

Forum:

Those look really good. I still wear jeans but I find they can set me back a bit after a day of wearing. The pajamajeans look like they'd be very prolapse friendly.

For a while I used to wear a small size of mamamia maternity jeans - they were great and I wore them to threads. That's the only jeans solution I've found so far.

Doesn't look like they ship to Australia though...

Hi all: I am a 70 year old female with a large fibroid uterus (refused surgery for 25 years) and a severe cystocele, probably the highest grade possible. the thought of surgery has terrified me but now in the past few days I find that I am not emptying my bladder. I had a pelvic/intravaginal ultrasound and she told me my bladder looked full. that should not have been the case since I don't drink the water before the test because I don't need to do that. I find my bladder is hanging down past the vagina and it feels like I am sitting on a large egg. I was doing ok even with that until the past couple days since I am not passing much urine (incomplete emptying). Now I am freaked and don't know what to do. I am familiar with surgical disasters in as much as I work in the field of medical malpractice and I would never get mesh. I just don't know what to do now. Thoughts?

Can you get down on your knees and elbows to try to move your uterus up off the bladder? I know it will drop back down as soon as you stand up, but it may help the bladder fall back into place long enough for you to pee. I have fibroids as well, which push my bladder to the side. My uterus kind of squashes my bladder, which in turn squashes my urethra. My cystocele is of the moderate variety, so while I can always see it, it does not hang outside my vagina, just sits in it. You might want to try the knees and elbows throughout the day and also begin to incorporate Whole Woman posture to try to bring everything forward into your relaxed belly. Hopefully someone in the forum whose cystocele is more advanced than mine will chime in as they may have better suggestions. About sitting on that egg...try leaning forward from your hips, lumbar curve in place, give everything a second or so to fall forward into your relaxed belly, and then sit down. I sometimes do a slight Kegal (Yep... the old-fashioned Arnie Kegal kind that we are all told to do by our gynecologists) as I begin to sit to try to keep things more in place as I sit down. Though I am finding the more I adopt the WW posture things seem to just slide into place. Oh, on "sliding"...if your vaginal tissues are dry, you might want to start using some type of lubricant. There are a lot of different options on that, everyone has their own favorite...just type "lubricant" in the search box above and watch what comes up ;-) At the beginning of my POP journey I had urinary frequency but only peed one-fourth cup of urine. I came to the realization that it was because my urethra was kinked and was sending signals to my brain that I had to pee and my bladder was not full after all. I had to break the habit of running to the bathroom every fifteen minutes and lengthen the time between trips. Adopting the posture and getting the uterus up off the bladder throughout the day has solved this for me. However, if you truly have a full bladder all the time and are not just peeing frequent small amounts, then I would be concerned too. Please be careful as urine backing into the kidneys can cause severe damage.

I physically cannot get down on my knees and elbows so that is out. I ordered some DVDs today from WW and hopefully i can get some good tips. The symptoms seemed stable until the past week or so. I feel the urge to pee as soon as I get off the toilet ( i also have Interstitial cystitis)) so I am trying to use the clock and not the feeling of urgency to go to the bathroom. I am just peeing out small amounts and that is concerning. I have to tell you, surgery would be the very last resort-- i would consider self catheterizing before i would get repair of cystocele. There are many horror stories about that surgery especially with the mesh. (never). Thanks for your advice and concern