Activities that make prolapse worse?

Body: 

Today I was outside and using a hoe and planting bulbs in the dirt. As I worked I started getting a weird feeling that things were "loose and dropping" if you know what I mean. It is such an unnerving feeling! As soon as I finished I came in and did the Third Wheel dvd and feel like things have shifted back to a better position. I wondered if there are other activities that you all have found that make your prolapse seem worse? And is there any way to chop with a hoe and not make prolapse worse? :P

Forum:

The thing about hoeing and other leaning forward activities is that they are hard on prolapse. I have personally done a lot of digging in the yard too. You always have to be conscious of the posture, and take more breaks. Don't do it as long each time. I used to do everything in one day, now I have to break it up over a week, or I am paying for it. I have also been noticing that the hiking I love has such a leaning foward aspect going uphill. I really try to keep the posture, and have recently been thinking of trying the 2 poles instead of one to keep me more upright going up those hills. Don't give up your activities, but size down when you need to.
Love the third wheel for sucking those organs in!! Good choice!

Agree........I don't garden but I do a fair amount of raking at certain times of the year (obviously, this is one of them!) and do find that it is very challenging to stay in posture. I have to be very conscious all the time, and I definitely break the chore down into smaller pieces, as AG has described. Heavens, I used to wait until ALL the leaves had fallen before raking them! Can't do that anymore.

I think it does have everything to do with the body angle and the exertion that takes place at that angle. The better your posture and the more ingrained this posture is, the more you'll be able to adjust it. Still, it's invariably one of those things that causes mild setbacks for me. Extra workouts, firebreathing and jiggling and posture walking will set things right again. - Surviving

We have lots of leaves drop at this time of year and my husband, now he is older, finds raking difficult so has taken to using the lawn mower to shred them so they go back in the soil and feed the lawn. This has to be done several times but for him it is worth it as he gets exercise as well.
Hope this may be of help to someone.
Daphne

Just read your comments about using 2 walking poles. You cannot use them like the manufacturer tells you. When I went to the Practitioner, she trained me in how to use 2 poles and stay in posture. You really need someone to demonstrate it to you for it to work -- it is very unlike the leaning forward the videos tell you to do. You remain in perfect posture while using them. I did order special balance tips also . I see "Aging"you are celebrating your 1 year in WW. Are you formulating a grand treatise for the long standing members? can't wait to read it.

Hi Free2be,
I never did try out the 2 walking pole idea. Fall and hunting season has kept us out of the woods for now. Glad the poles are working for you!!
Yes, have thought of my one year and how many changes I have gone through with my prolapse realizing that there are still many changes to come. Moment by moment as time passes we get just a little bit better body and mind. Thanks to whole woman.