Sitting for relaxation?

Body: 

Curious to see how you ladies prefer to sit for comfort say to read, relax or maybe watch TV? As we all know furniture is not our friend-lol! I have various pillows propping & supporting me from all directions it seems (and usually never in the same way as I am learning how to not aggravate this new situation). I don't watch any TV except for when hubby & I share a Netflix night each week. But I love to read for relaxation. Thanks for any ideas/suggestions :)

Forum:

anotherchapter, by any chance have you seen the dvd First Aid for Prolapse? On the dvd Christine shows us three ways to sit in whole woman posture. With legs crossed keeping chest up and shoulders down, with knees bent, butt resting on the back of your legs, and legs out in front at a 90 degree angle. She says to flow through these three positions until you become comfortable. I am finding it a new and tiring thing but I expect in time we'll become strong in these positions. I am an avid reader but wear readers and have a bit of trouble reading unless the book is close to my face. Have to practice this more. I'm sure someone here with much more experience than I will assist.

Thank you lindamore (and I totally get the reading glasses thing as I wear progressive lenses and am head bobbing all the time to be in the right vision zone--lol). Yes, I have watched the FAFP DVD and love those 3 sitting positions if I want to consciously "work" on my posture. But realistically we need a more passive but not harmful relaxed position to go to also ( especially when we are new/ newer to the posture). Maybe by working/living the posture most of the day a few hours of less than perfect form whilst in a " lounging" mode (TV, reading etc) won't be too detrimental? We certainly don't want to put in all our good efforts just to "undo" them whilst relaxing (and not meaning sleeping/napping). Again, many thanks to any and all who reply with thoughts and suggestions :)

I am guilty of some occasional bad lounging posture in the evenings, but I allow myself this luxury because I am absolutely in posture whenever I'm doing virtually anything and everything else. I do usually try to stick something behind my lower back just to keep things from totally flattening out back there if my position is not the best. I don't recommend bad lounging posture especially to anyone who is still new and trying to get a handle on all of this, because it will only take you that much longer to grasp the concepts and start to see stabilization. And Christine is so right when she says that after awhile, slouching into soft furniture really doesn't feel as good anymore. That being said, yes, I admit to doing it sometimes. I must point out that I do not have a profound uterine prolapse (I have 'celes - "nature's pessary") but for those who do, this type of "cheating" probably makes very little sense in the long run, because it couldn't possibly feel that good. In any event, always stuff some lower back support behind you. - Surviving

I lie down when I am watching TV, rather than trying to maintain posture. I either lie with my legs across my partner, or my head in his lap. It's nice! I also like to lie down to read, but I do find myself falling asleep when I do this :)