Pregnant with prolapse: sex okay???

Body: 

Hello ladies,
I am pregnant with my second. I discovered my prolapse 12 weeks after my first baby was born. I am only 5 weeks along. Even though I would consider my prolapse mild, was wondering if having sex this early in pregnancy could be harmful to my baby. I am wondering because obviously my uterus is lower and more jiggly than someone without prolapse, and just thinkng it could be harmful.
If anyone has any knowledge or experience with this i would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Sex with prolapse is fine, so it stands to reason that pregnant sex with prolapse is fine too. Assuming that it is OK to have sex (doesn't it get risky towards the end, due to the uterine contractions?). You may need to work a little harder to find a good position. Use plenty of lube if you need it. - Surviving

Hi Karono,
I agree sex is fine during pregnancy &/or prolapse. So long as you feel happy about it and it doesn't feel uncomfortable or hurt. (There's no reason why it should). You may want to explore different positions and find out what feels most comfortable. May be spooning/lying on your side, doggy position...
My experience of pop with uterine prolapse (but not pregnant as well) was that having intercourse helped to push the cervix back up the passage. My husband loves that sex is good for me:)
best wishes, wholewomanuk

Thank you for your comments. My husband REALLY thanks you! ;)

I am having sex while pregnant and every prolapse going! It's fine doesn't hurt and I just make sure it's gentle which to be fair they say to do anyway in early stages of pregnancy (I am only 8 weeks) my only thing is though it feels fine twice just afterwards I have slight pink tinge in my discharge, sorry it's graphic, hard because doctors in uk know nothing about prolapse so I will get told to do Kegals and that's it so been a bit put off but will start again at 12 weeks!!

Thanks lifegoeson and congrats to you!

Congratulations to you as well, hopefully we can share out experience through the 39 weeks! Take care