Ho! Ho! Oh no!

Body: 

Well, the Holidays are upon us...again! Could have sworn I just put the tree away. As this is my first year with profound prolapses I have found a few things that are not condusive to happy POP's. First and foremost are step-ladders, followed by heavy boxes, followed by the artificial Christmas tree and all that bending to put the tree together. My mosty behaving 'celes' are now wanting to join the festivities. Then there's the extra grocery shopping, the cooking to be done, the housecleaning, and the guests. Since Firebreathing eludes me at the moment, I will have to be content on all fours. With privacy being an issue for now, will tuck a yoga mat or heavy towel under the bathroom sink so I can sneak a few minutes of privacy for that and no one's the wiser. Trying to stay in posture as much as I can but...well you know. Anyway, was wondering if any of you 'seasoned' girls have any tips for us newbies on how you get through the holidays or if all the extra trimmings and holiday stress...um, I mean holiday spirit, is just going mess with the POP's?!? Happy Holiday's everyone!
- AZ

Forum:

Ho, oh, have to say it, Arzona, but you're going to have to slow it down! Last year this time I was doing all the heavy lifting of boxes, etc. all the while trying to ignore my prolapse. Needless to say, I did myself no favors. This year I am stretching it out: first day have hubby help me with the heavier boxes, and from there on out, decorate a little, take a day break, etc. we actually got a smaller thinner tree this year. A lot less up and down decorating. I did end up forgetting myself for a moment running around to all the stores looking for the perfect tree skirt for my new little tree. Prolapse started complaining, and I said to myself "what the hell are you doing!" Ended up finding a nice piece of muslin from my fabrics to wrap around.
The thing about us women is that we think we have to do it all, or the family will be disappointed.
I am learning more and more that I don't have to it all, and not all at the same time.
As for firebreathing, the sooner you learn that, the happier you will be with yourself. It really is the cat's meow!!

The Cat's Meow...love it! Am truly jealous. I'm getting there with it, just slowly. I can feel a little shift but not that big pull up yet. The step-ladder and boxes over my head was not a good idea. You lucky girls that have a sweet man around to help...give them a big hug! Well, am in the thick of it now but will heed your advice to slow it down a bit, it seems my POP's agree with you ;-)

Yep, there is definitely something about this time of year. Everything seems to get so much more "physical" somehow. I don't do a lot at Christmas compared to most people, and what I do hasn't even really gotten underway much, but I'm feeling it anyway. So yes, I agree with AG, this would be a great time for you to buckle down and master firebreathing. F2b has put us to shame with her routine. I'm beefing up mine! I also find the hips DVD very satisfying. I think I'm getting fewer nighttime leg cramps since I've started! - Surviving

Yes, do agree that F2b has put us to shame. Do believe that if we were all standing at the base of Mount Everest facing the daunting climb, she would just shrug it off with a "What? That little hill? Hang on to your knickers girls...up we go!"

As to holiday's and prolapse, was afraid the mix would be bad but will keep striving for the elusive Firebreathing. Dear Santa...

Happy Thanksgiving S60. Thanks for getting me this far. Am glad you reached out to me when I first braved joining this amazing circle of women. Hugs to all! Now off to start those pies.

Hi, yes Christmas is one of those times when it's easy to overdo things and not pay adequate attention to ourselves. I think, amongst other things, our pop's really remind us we need to take of ourselves as much as possible all year round. So - pacing ourselves, so we don't overdo it and don't get too stressed. If we do - then our pops will let us know! I think that's one reason why some women feel happier and healthier in themselves once they start following the WW way.
Good luck - and wishing you a very happy Christmas.
xwholewomanuk

Thank you for the holiday wishes WholewomanUK. Am learning I will now need to approach things much differently with prolapses. Thank goodness for Christine and Crew for giving us the tools we need to manage it. I take it you are from/in the UK. My grandfather was from Nuneaton, England. He fell in love with a Canadian girl, and their son, my dad, fell in love with an American girl. I didn't have to leave my country, I fell in love with a Native American ;-) I always thought to visit the UK but never could get the resources together. Eh, maybe someday yet. Happy Holidays to you!

Santa got your letter that all you wanted for CHRISTMAS was to learn firebreathing and sent you a gift of a one hour session with practitioner Shirine Young . He knows you want to join the fire breathers 5 minX2 club and be amazed this CHRISTMAS. You just need to tell her you are Arizona and you want to come for your Santa gift. She is expecting your call.Her phone no. is on the practitioner tab. HoHo Ho

Oh Free2be...or should I say Santa, it would be an honor to be in the Firebreathers 5minX2 club. I am still worlds behind in that. This is so kind of you and I really don't know how to respond, except to say you shouldn't have, and thank you. You didn't even get your milk and cookies.

I will let you know how it turns out...I'm still new at this so Shirine will have her work cut out for her. Wow! I am just speechless. Thank you, thank you, a million times thank you. I am happy dancing in the living room right now. Hug!

I learned the firebreathing standing up with hands on knees and I think it is more versatile. For instance if you are out shopping you can go into the restroom and refresh with some FB or if you are out at a restaurant or at someone's house for the evening and need a quick lift, go to the bathroom and send those celes up and away without having to get down on the floor. A lot of people like the floor work with the DVD, which is fine at home, but I would recommend you have Shirine teach you both. I am only into month 5, and have to tell you the FB is dynamite. And when she tweeks your posture, you will progress like magic. Good luck, you will love her. She is amazing. Can't wait to hear your story.

Good Morning Free2b! Barely slept last night...so excited! Kept thinking of things I wanted to ask her...I need to make a list. I will definitely have her teach me the standing Firebreathing, you're right about not always being able to get on the floor. I would like, no I AM going to get back into hiking now that winter is here and the standing Firebreathing pose would be awesome.

I am looking forward to getting my posture tweaked, as I know that is key to success. I have the twerking part down though (Louise's jiggling...LOL!) Thank you again Free2be. What a wonderful gift you have given me. Still can't believe it. It might take me a bit but will find a way to pay-it-forward.

I wanted to let you know that I did talk with Shirine today, and you're right, she is a lovely woman. I had set up for a session on Saturday but after much contemplation I cancelled the appointment. I want you to know that I think you are an awesome woman. Your compassion and concern for all of us can be felt in your posts and like Aging Gracefully, Surviving60, and others, I search them out and am delighted when I see your name pop up when you sign on. Please understand that while I do greatly appreciate your offer, I don't feel comfortable accepting it. But you have given me something far greater, your friendship. I hope not to lose that and hope you understand.