Prolapse & Excerice After Hysterectomy

Body: 

I had a hysterectomy about 30 years ago, have suffered with prolapse for several years now. I have not ordered my exercise info from Whole Woman yet, because I had the impression that it was mainly meant for woman who have not had a hysterectomy. My prolapse is now like I have a tangerine size bulging coming out most of the time. It is becoming more and more uncomfortable and effecting my everyday life activities. I can push it back in and it will stay sometimes for a matter of seconds and other a matter of a short time, but always comes back out. I do not have any urinary leakage, at all. My questions are, is anyone using the Whole Woman exercise program who have had a hysterectomy and getting any relief and help with it. Also, how long can I let this continue before I have done damage that cannot be corrected or will have a serious effect on my health. Will it reach a point that it can no longer continue becoming a bigger and bigger bulge, or will I end up with everything outside my body and a noticable bulge. My doctor has stated that I can let it go forever if I choose, but I am becoming very concerned about this. I am starting to tetter on the thought of surgery, but am really not a fan of any type of surgery, and from what I know of others who have had the surgery it will make significant other problems that may be just as debiliating. Please let me know if any of you have had a hysterectomy and are gaining help with the exercise program here, I am willing to try if there is a chance.

Hi just a question,

Here is one thread that Christine has answered some of the questions about post- hyst women:
https://wholewoman.com/forum/node/5789
Hope that is helpful. Also, if you type hysterectomy in the search box upper left corner, you will find more discussions on it.

Also, if the bulging is really bothersome to you, a V2 supporter or fembrace might be good options.
I actually have the V2 that I like to use on bulgy days. Actually found it on Amazon at a cheaper price than the web page for it.

What kind of prolapse do you have? Is it a cystocele and/or rectocele, or is it the vaginal vault? If it's the latter, it might eventually need surgery. I don't know too much about that.

WW posture is the key here, and as you read on this forum you will realize that it is still the best posture for any woman. This is not just an exercise program, it is a posture correction that you must slowly incorporate into your life. Post-hyst means there are different challenges, but it doesn't mean that you can't see some stabilization. You do need to keep the remaining organs as far forward as you can, and you need to protect your hips by properly seating the torso over the hip joints. This can be a different and perhaps slower process without a uterus.

Good luck and I hope you find some answers here! I know the V2 has worked great for Aging Gracefully and is certainly something you might pursue, along with posture. - Surviving