going to the loo

Body: 

I have had times where I am busting to pee but when I get there nothing happens - even tho I still feel I want to go - - I have been using a hospital over toilet seat - we have had it stashed in the shed for years thinking we may need it sometime.... well - I am so pleased to tell you that I rarely have problems going now - I feel the urge - go and sit on the higher seat and do my business no problem at all. This actually goes above the bowl with a metal surround and 2 handles on the side. No pushing or straining at all.
I am still having problems keeping the posture when I am walking - I need to constantly remind myself and often just cant seem to get it back. I will go thru the book again and the video - - I just thought this information may help some others having my problems - - cheers elcie

Forum:

Interesting.....does sitting up higher make it easier to maintain good toilet position as described in he book? My initial reaction was that it might make it more difficult. But I have nothing with which to experiment, and you can't argue with success! Glad you have solved that problem. The rest will come.....just keep working on it. Thanks for sharing, elcie! - Surviving

PS - More I think about this, the more it seems like a good idea. Easier to lift off and forward if you are already up higher in the first place. Other opinions and experience welcome!

I used a toilet at the supermarket and the actual lavatory had a solid base underneath it which made the seat itself higher. This is why I started thinking about it and dragged this chair out of the shed. I find when I am down lower everything is pushed down and out - as it is now it all rests on my upper legs and nothing is pushed down. Still working on the posture - - one day it will happen !! Elcie

You know, I've been thinking about this one. It kind of seems like training wheels for those that don't have the strength in the legs to hover up over the toilet seat. Toilets can be a long way down when your prolapse is bothersome. Just as long as the posture is maintained. Hmmm...... Interesting.