Structural Question

Body: 

I am fascinated by the connection of prolapse and women with "short hamstrings, flat butts, locked knees, and turned out toes." This is me EXACTLY. I would add slightly raised chin.

Not sure if this is also connected to this posture, but five months into my pregnancy, my pelvis started to rotate (right side forward). It got so bad that I had to see a chiro three times a week until my son was born. The rotation was due to my body making way for the baby, but also a tightness in my right hip rotators due to over pronation in my right foot. I wonder, Christine, if any of this is related to the cystocele.

I had a 3rd degree tear on the left side and a tear on the front vaginal wall during bith.

hahahahahahahha were you referring to me??? haha. That is me me me me! Well not now since I am holding the posture :) but for my whole life that was me, especially since I was a competitive swimmer so swimmers gain a lot of muscle in their shoulders and backs and tend to hunch over. I am so happy that I'm not alone :)

I know there are things I did during pregnancy that didn't help like laying in the recliner for hours after work because that was how I felt comfortable. I was in the "v" position so my pelvic organs had no support.

My question though is how come there are other women like us but they don't end up with prolapse?

Hey Ann, where did you get the "short hamstrings, flat butts, locked knees, and turned out toes" from? That is me too, well especially the flat butt part. My whole life. Now my butt is getting rounder, etc, from being in the posture and doing a lot of exercise on all 4s. Just curious what post you were referring to...

Thanks,
Kathy

I was so amazed to see it because I know that this posture was the root cause of the SI issues I had at 5 months pregnant. My hips are very narrow as well, so everything just started moving as my baby got bigger. He ended up being 9.7 pounds. Anyway, I'm very happy to hear that a rounder butt is possible from doing the postures! That could be a silver lining.

Anyway, I think I found Christine's mention of these attributes in the body work section (?). Her sense is that prolapse effects lots of women with this structure. It would be so interesting to know who else on the site fits this description.
Ann