Various surgeries

Body: 

I can't believe its getting on for four years since I was first introduced to W.W. I was helped by the whole woman posture then, when I had some prolapse symptoms. Shortly after, I had to have surgery for a very large ovarian cyst which was removed and prolapse symptoms disappeared for about eight months!!. Since then they have gradually come back; I think this may be because the op involved a large incision and presumably cutting various tissues inside to 'take a look at' my other ovary while there. I had said to leave this one in place if its ok!
I had surgery for peritonitis when I was 3 and also had an accident with some prongs on a gate when aged 10; this one gave me a large scar low down and this was the place where the ovary operation was carried out from. The reason I think the last op may have been the 'straw that broke the camels back' is because although I have had four children and those first two other childhood surgeries, I had never had any prolapse symptoms til just before that op for the cyst became necessary.
I do tend to joke a bit about my 'multi surgeried belly' and while being thankful that I have survived these things I am very fed up with the big increase in prolapse symptoms.
I manage it by making sure I can empty my bowels well the morning and keep my bladder empty if possible during the day; I do the whole woman posture and the standing posture feels helpful; I can't seem to find how to sit, though as often symptoms are worse when I stand up, but at other it feels better, without any apparent reason. Also towards the end of the day unless I haven't been walking around much I think its my bowel pushing my bladder out more. I don't want to end up not doing things or being inactive.
I like going on country walks with a group, but do feel a bit awkward when asking where the nearest loo is; others seems to manage in a secluded bush! Its one of the few things I do with my partner so don't want to stop going on them.
I wondered about a pessary, but having read some of the stuff here about them I'm not so sure. Are they usually removed at times; what about having sex?
I may have gone on a bit but would be grateful for any thoughts from anyone.

Hi Tathagata - we certainly can't call you a newbie after almost 4 years, and yet I don't get a real strong vibe from you about your level of WW work. I went back and read some of your old posts, and I think you should too. Christine and others gave you some pretty good information and assured you that despite your medical history, your prolapse was nothing out of the ordinary but fairly typical of what we hear all the time. So it might be time to get back to basics, get out your book and dvds, whatever you have, and get back down to business. If you haven't figured out sitting in posture yet, or you are feeling worse not better after taking long walks, your posture does need some tuning up. Consider contacting a practitioner. But don't just dabble - throw yourself into the work with everything that you have. The mere fact that you are suddenly considering a pessary after all this time, means you need a refresher in WW. I know you can do it. - Surviving

Thank you for the encouragement. Perhaps I do need to refresh things a bit although I always thought I was doing the posture; even told others about it. I used to do 'fire breathing' but as it seemed to cause aches and pulling inside my scar and also made my ribs hurt where I had fallen and bruised them I only do this sometimes now.
I am now concentrating on sitting upright with my feet flat on the ground below my knees and hoping this helps; the cushion I had put in my car on the seat didn't seem to work too well, so I'm trying another. Walking in WW posture does help.
How does one contact a practitioner?

Go to the tabs at the top of the page and click on WW Practitioners. This will list practitioners and where they are located. You can contact them by email or phone :-)

The lumbar curvature is what you should be focusing on.....when you experiment with various chairs, cushions for driving, and so forth. - Surviving

Thank you