I Won't have An Operation

Body: 

I won't have an operation so everyone is fed up with my complaining. I'm so sick of Prolapse hurting me. I only have relief whenever I pass a stool. I am over 66 years now .My daughter told me to use baby wipes as she has a one year old baby. I am getting tired.

Well Cleo, I guess the best course of action is for you to stop complaining. Those who are fed up with it, simply do not understand that surgery makes things worse. If you are not able to explain this to them adequately, you can lend them the book or point them to the video in the Resources section of Christine's site. Unless you can make them understand why you are avoiding surgery, I'd say it's a conversation best avoided, for your own sake. - Surviving

I kind of agree.
Family members think that we are moaning - When we are really just trying to get our own head around what is happening to us. It is a very emotional thing this POP - It is a loss, of self. You go through anger and grieving and so many emotions and you are desperate for someone to understand and give you answers you are unable to find.

They FEEL they are helping by saying 'maybe get the surgery - it might help' But in reality you feel that is a slap in the face as that is the LAST thing you wanna do.

I remember many years ago now - My prolapse returned with gusto and I really WAS falling apart. Emotionally I was a headcase. So desperate to find the answers I thought I had already found. But - Luckily in the middle of my head-case-ness I had inside of my heart and my head - The teachings of Christine. Even though I felt stabbed by those around me who said 'go get surgery' I just dragged myself along, very very low, but still moving forwards. Even people I felt closest to would say things about surgery - People whom I would never ever have thought would say things like that.... I am glad to say that after 6mths of horridness - Things started to get better and now - 99% of the time my prolapse and I live together and I never let myself get complacent of how I am 'fixed' Because I - know only too well that 'she' (prolapse or POPpy as I call her) could return to annoy me again and probably will one day...

Have you tried any sort of sponge pessary type thing? (Cant remember its true name as it's been so long since I tried it) or a tampon sideways like (\\\\\\\\) one end in first of course to get it in - I used to call it 'the shelf' and I must admit back then it gave me a feeling of being supported when on my feet for some time. I kinda wonder sometimes if using that 'shelf' aided my insides to tighten and now - when not using it - It is like everything is better for it - Though i only use tampons at period times now... Though I do also know that long term use of pessaries can cause problems and pessaries can make your prolapse worse - So if you had to go out and use one - I would get it out again as soon as you were home etc - Also you would need to get your posture etc sorted at the same time....... If you can keep plodding along - You may be surprised to find that your body works it out and you feel less discomfort, I do hope that for you.

I do hope that at least one or two words I have said in my plethora of babbling might help - There are people here who understand where you are - and how it affects every part of your being, physically, mentally and emotionally. People who haven't been there - Have no true idea how this affects us and our feeling of womanhood.

Feel free to contact me if you would like to chat. I know I am not here so much now (I even managed to forget my own password today LOL I had to search myself to check spelling of my user name too LOL) But I am glad to give an ear and any support you need. Family members mean well most of the time - Their words may leave raw wounds though, just like friends and even people on this forum can inadvertently hurt your feelings.... We just need to be on the same page in life to totally feel what it is like.

Take care and I do hope you find a way to live well with your prolapse

MMAI
PS) I just went to my account and it says I have been a member for over 8yrs. Now I don't remember when I first came here - But my daughter is many years older now so it must be about that long as she is on the edge of womanhood now... I am just saying that I have been here over 8yrs and this work - Is a lifelong thing.... There is no quick fix pill to take... It is life long adjustments to your life..... And now with 8yrs behind me - I can only talk from the heart about that which I have been through since POPpy decided to plonk herself in to my life...