Rectocele and cystocele

Body: 

My doctor just told me that a have a big rectocele and also cystocele. I dont know what stadium , but I can see a big bulge just inside my vagina. I am glad that I have found this forum and I have just ordered Christine´s book and dvds, but right now I panic !! Please come with good advise until I receive the book and dvds. I do not want a sugery.
Whitelotus.

Hello and welcome, Whitelotus,

If your doctor hadn't told you about your 'big' rectocele and cystocele would you be in such a panic?

Every woman who comes to WW probably has about the same symptoms as you. Unless the "leading edge" of prolapse (whether that be bladder, cervix, or rectum) is very near, at, or beyond the vaginal opening, we are basically asymptomatic and life is good. We call what you are describing "Nature's Pessary" because the two bulges (front vaginal wall and back vaginal wall) are holding the cervix forward so it, too, doesn't prolapse to the opening.

Until your materials arrive, try to understand that these organs have not fallen down, but have been pushed back from just behind your lower abdominal wall. It is the breath (actually intraabdominal pressure from the respiratory diaphragm underneath the lungs) that either pins the organs into position at the front of the body, or blows them backwards toward the pelvic outlet (the outlet is at the *back*, not underneath you).

I would practice natural breathing while you wait. Sit upright in a chair with a firm seat. Let your abdominal wall completely relax, but lift your chest so your belly is pulled up. You will feel that your abdominal wall becomes firm, yet it is not pulled in - even slightly. Keep your shoulders down, your upper back flat and broad, and your head pulled up through the back of your neck by slightly tucking your chin. When you breathe in, let your belly expand forward, when you breathe out, let your belly fall passively back in. All WW exercise is based on natural breathing.

Wishing you well,

Christine

Thanks for your advise about natural breathing. Because I play saxophone I wonder if it is the same breathing you use when you play an instrument or sing.?
Best regards

Whitelotus

Thankyou for the sitting and breathing position. I have learnt a lot from the WW site and sure I will learn a lot more.I should receive my books and DVD'S shortly.Very much looking forward to the info.I have had my ups and downs with my prolapse but I am in a very positive mind now to do all to help myself. best wishes and good health to you and all the other ladies with prolapse issues.