Anthropology

Body: 

Hi Christine,

I thought you might enjoy reading this article, if you haven't already-- "Walking Like A Cavewoman"

http://www.bu.edu/bostonia/2013/walking-like-a-cavewoman/

~BOTW

Forum:

Thank-you for sharing this article and short video. Can you please explain the link between how this female specimen ambulated and the health of our hips, knees, feet and pelvis today?

Hi LTwesp.

Gee, I wish I knew the connection. Since finding this website, all I can say, is that I have had an epiphany.

Like many women on this forum, I thought that I was doing all the right things, but I realize now that I was doing a lot of the wrong things. Even as far back as breastfeeding, I used to prop myself up on a bedrest, and it was "a quiet, peaceful meal time" for my infants. The position probably wasn't the best for my prolapsing organs.

I have gathered from this website that all of the sitting I did to stay relaxed during my work, etc., was probably not good for my hips. I worked in a profession that it was important for me to remain relaxed and focused, because stress was just part of the job. I wish now I hadn't done all of that sitting, but sitting crisscrossed on the floor was not an option.

My focus now is to improve the strength of my hips.

~BOTW