What Some Men Say

Body: 

I noted this article headlined on my homepage yesterday and wanted to share it. I appreciate the sensitivity of the men who are quoted therein. It might be a helpful reminder that we need to attend to all of our relationships with the same commitment and hope that we work on WW principles. I hope the link is okay. http://www.redbookmag.com/love-sex/advice/unhappy-marriage#slide-1

Thanks, Bebe - definitely some good points made here about sensitivity and communication between partners. When I read articles like this, I tend to feel that the "quotes" were written by whoever wrote the article, and this was no exception. But that doesn't take anything away from the points being made. - Surviving

Thanks for responding. I hadn't considered that possibility because the quotes supposedly from real men actually correspond to things I've heard from my own husband and have been aware of with friends. If they were manufactured by a writer, maybe the fact that they seemed so genuine and related even to my small group of friends is evidence of how widespread those kinds of problems are. On a more careful look at the article, I'd have to add a couple of things. First, I don't think I would like to be kidnapped (not even for a week in Jamaica)! Secondly, I think the "expert" responses sort of trivialized the vulnerability of the men speaking (if they were indeed speaking). It seemed like most of these things need a deeper awareness and not a quick fix.

As an aside and for your encouragement - as I've continued to read posts almost daily over the last couple of months, I have noticed how you have been the daily constant responder and have noted your occasional weariness at having to be repetitious. I can see you understand that all of us who come into the forum need a personal response once we have made ourselves vulnerable on such a personal issue. For your continued patience and unflagging commitment, Thank you.

Funny, I had the same reaction to the comment from the "incurable romantic"......God's gift to women! Anyway - I agree some valuable points were made, even if the presentation seemed a little bit canned.

I appreciate your comments and I do want to again apologize to anyone who might have been innocently on the receiving end of some of my wearier posts. But I am always disappointed when over and over, new members completely fail to avail themselves of the wealth of knowledge that Christine has placed here, instead requiring us to paraphrase and repeat and direct and put it all in a nutshell that is compact enough to get through to someone who is in despair. Each new post by someone who hasn't even remotely checked out the WW content just puts me in the "oh here we go again" frame of mind. But we all keep going, because every single woman whose attention we can grab is another woman whose life can be so greatly improved. That's what it's all about, and I deeply appreciate what you and others have to offer towards this effort. - Surviving