prolapsed uterus

Body: 

Are there any exercises to correct or alleviate the pressure that comes with a prolaped uterus.

Do you have a book or video that shows the proper postures etc. to alleviate the pressure from a prolapse? Can a prolapse be reversed?

There is no 'complete fix' for prolapse... The posture can alleviate the problems it brings along with it (dragging feeling etc) But you CAN reverse it a bit (Mine was origionally told to be a grade2 and now I am told it's grade1)

I do not believe even medically it is a 'complete fix'

Here is a link to the posture pic http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/supadeja/Dejas2/THEPOSTURE.jpg

There is a book and a DVD of Christines available via the main site
Link to bits n bobs... http://www.wholewomancenter.com/store/index.php
Hope that helps

Sue

anne-helen

Hi

i'm a student acupuncturist and have been told that acupuncture can definately relieve this feeling. Sorry I can't test it for u but i don't have the feeling with mine.

If you're in the US and decide to go make sure to go to someone NCCAOM recognised by the way

Best wishes
Anne-helen

I've been wanting to connect with you about accupuncture. What type of treatment do they say helps? I just had one the other day that was super. Needles in abdomen. YOu might know it.

Do you need more than one treatment to make it stick? No pun intended!

anne-helen

Hi

glad to hear you were happy with your treatment.. Did you mean that it relieved the dragging down feeling in one session? My teacher did not say how long it would take or last.

But with tcm that would be becuase it all depends on the client. For example the super fit 45 yr old with one child and no job or stress who eats well would probably respond much better than say the 3o year old with five children (in close sucession) who's working and stressed with a poor diet.

Makes sense really that the results would differ from person to person.

I can guess which points she would have used in your abdomen.

My acupuncturist did a very interesting thing (when it was origionally thought i had a uterine prolapse - the gyne was wrong it turned out to be the urethra anyhoo).

She used very long needles and twisted them thus winding the uterine ligaments around the needles very tight and then winding some more - extraordinary feeling to have your innards tightened. But she is very well trained and i don't think many acupuncturists can do this.

As i've said before i'll allways keep you everyone here up to speed on anything i've learned for sure.

Best wishes

Anne-helan