pelvic health

Body: 

I went to my craniosacral therapist this morning, walked a block afterwords, went home and did the exercises in First Aid for Prolapse, ate lunch and then laid down for an hour or longer. The bulge felt really low and irritable. I have been really doing well for days. And then my vagina started burning! I have got in the bath in cool water to ease it (that cooled it a little bit)and am going to pick some comfrey to put in the water to see if that helps and hopefully tomorrow will be better.
Any ideas or suggestions? I don't know what this is about. I make a deliberate effort to empty my bladder tipping over on the toilet and also squatting over the toilet as Christine has suggested. Thinking that in spite of that maybe I was getting a bladder infection. I don't have a history of them and it just came on an hour or so ago. Feels like an emergency!

Try a little drop of honey. That is one of the best recommendations that I have gotten from Christine's work. In the beginning days of my prolapse I had vaginal burning for some reason and read about the honey, tried it, and it worked great! It is suppose to help get your natural bacteria back into your vagina.

AG, i have no honey in the house. Will get some for sure but will a little yogurt help, you think. I have some of that.

When I was younger, I used to use yogurt. It was actually soothing for me. Do get some honey though. Much less messy for one thing. All you need is a small drop on your finger and insert it up into your vagina. Try to get real honey. That commercial honey sold at grocery stores is full of corn syrup.

Rosa, here is another discussion you can read on the subject of honey for burning and dryness:
https://wholewoman.com/forum/node/4808

Anyway will try honey. I was wondering if my urine was too acidic. The burning was less inside my vagina then on the outside. And my labia and clitoris and everything outside of the vagina was swollen and hot.
The yogurt did help and I also used a homeopathic "yeast away" suppository that I had. I am better today though a bit tender. When I first noticed prolapse it was preceded by heat and redness along the labia and inner thighs. I thought I had a yeast overrun or imbalance. I also thought I had a fibroid before he diagnosis of prolapse. Well, let us say that I hoped I had a fibroid having had one 10-12 years ago which the gyne removed. I suspected it was something different this time because it felt different.

I've been very lucky, being 10+ years post-menopause and not really having any notable discomfort inside the vagina. I feel that I should be using the honey anyway. Another thing on my long to-do list.

But as for the outside.....once in awhile when it's a bad prolapse day and my 'celes are just exposed enough to cause some irritation against my underwear/liner, I get a lot of relief just from a dab of zinc-based diaper-rash ointment applied just to the opening. To be honest, I've never been sure if that was a WW-approved treatment, but I've mentioned it a few times and no one has jumped on my case. I rarely need it these days, as there are so many things I can do throughout my day to keep things from being that draggy long enough to get irritated.

Reading your post I am not sure what exactly might be causing your situation, but was prompted to mention this because you feel that it's more on the outside than the inside, and I find the zinc baby ointment quite effective on superficial discomfort. - Surviving

Hi Rosa,
Christine has a whole DVD on vulva and vaginal health in the whole woman store. It is very informative about many of the issues women can have, with remedies that are tried and true from personal experiences that she has had.

AG,
So you think that the pressure of the rectocele on the vagina could cause the hot swollen tissues? As a possibility anyway..I put some honey I found in house that was in a bear! Just call me sweet honey thighs! It did help today but symptoms are abated except for heaviness of rectocele. I think I will not do exercises today and just rest after work.

AG,
Another DVD of Christine's I will have to have! I just got the yoga dvd's. Haven't had a chance to look at them as I was feeling so bad. I am excited about her research and work on feet. So incredibly pertinent and fundamental. My right foot hurts after exercises. I try to make sure posture is right and am using chair back for balance instead of just swinging around!

I have all the DVDs, and do them just about daily, and I can tell you that you get a full stretch and work out on the entire body. The nice thing is that you can go your own pace, skip over parts that seem a little difficult and go back to them later.
I was thinking the same thing about swollen tissue from the prolapse in the beginning. I also had a rubbing feeling and a discharge. I didn't have a full on rectocele in the beginning, but I did have a soft spot at the back of my vagina, maybe the beginning of rectocele. I did do the splinting until I got my constipation in order because it bulged a little, but with this work, that softness to the back went away, thank goodness!
The honey helped me with the burning and really working on posture, the exercises, and ww walking helped alleviate the pressure from my prolapse, just moving those organs away from vagina into/towards the lower belly. I am always consciously thinking about that movement.
I did also do the honey bear out of desperation, but getting some local honey is really best.

AG,

Do you do the Hips as well? Maybe I should do the exercises today…..I have been very faithful about doing them but what I ant thru yesterday I thought maybe I should give it a day's rest. Will see how I feel later. The pressure was so awful with pinching.

I was doing this work before Christine came out with her fabulous hips work. I did have a bad hip that I had been going to the chiropractor for, but since I started doing first aid for prolapse and yoga DVDs, the pain for the most part has gone away. I have better movement, no more weird clicking sounds, and I haven't been to the chiro in over 2 years now. I had been going for years before this.
Christine's hips work is just the extra gravy to all this, wonderful stuff, all!!

p.s. Don't push yourself too much in the beginning. Just do what you can, rest when you need too, don't strain yourself. It will come in time. These are not like exercises that we have really ever been doing, especially the turned out feet portions, so it takes time for our bodies get used to a different motion. Best wishes!
Also, to relieve that pressure temporarily, get down on knees and forearms, and just rest with your butt in the air. That really feels good. I used to do that a lot in the beginning, a suggestion from one of our lovely ladies on this forum!

I have a tendency to rush ahead and work very hard……I just feel the work is what matters and so you have to do it! Thank you for your advice. I will get on all fours today after work.Me and the dogs.LOL

I AM 69 AND NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD BE GOING THUR THIS, I AM SO THANKFUL TO HAVE SOMEONE
WHO UNDERSTANDS THIS SUBJECT!

Yeah - most of us get prolapse eventually, but it's a pretty well-kept secret until it strikes. I'm sure you will find what you are looking for here. Feel free to ask any questions you have. - Surviving