Daughter pregnant and concerned about urine incontinence

Body: 

Hi,
I wanted to start by saying how much all the wonderful people on this forum have helped me with my own uterus prolapse. I read all the entries and all my questions are answered. Special thanks to Christine and her family for doing all of this wonderful work for us. Words cannot convey my gratitude.

Today's question is for my daughter. She is 8 months pregnant with her second child. After her first she started experiencing urine incontinence. I have been telling her about WW and she wondered if she could do any exercises now so she will have an easier time later. I have told her about the posture and to push during delivery only when her body tells her to push. I read on the forum that fire breathing is not for her yet, so am unsure if she can do any of the other exercises on the First Aid DVD.

Also, has anyone tried or heard about hab-it pelvic floor?
I looked at their website and watched a short video. From the video I get the impression its about kegels (I have read and informed my daughter kegles are not for us) hab-it does talk about posture but I get the feeling their workout does not support WW work. If anyone has any information to share about this it will be greatly appreciated. My daughters support group is strongly recommend this and I have strong reservations against it.

Thank you!

Hi Gutentag - congrats to your daughter on her upcoming birth. Pregnancy is a great time to do some gentle WW work. The pregnant state is the epitome of WW posture because the organs are naturally held out in front and you can't pull your belly in even if you want to! Walking, and any gentle WW work should be fine. Avoid things like firebreathing, jumping, belly toss. Christine also tells us not to sit with our knees higher than our hips when we're pregnant, as this encourages malpositioning of the fetus.

Please stop with the kegels already. Go over to the Blog page and put "kegel" into the search box. Have your daughter read the two articles, "Just Do Yer Kegels" and "Why Kegels Don't Work". My goodness, if kegels prevented or improved prolapse, there would be no more prolapse, for all the kegeling that we've all been doing for decades! Myself included. Hab-It is indeed a kegel-based program with a more or less "neutral" spine, which does not provide the same kind of dynamics as the full extension of WW posture. - Surviving

Thank you Survivng. I have read the articles about kegels and will ask my daughter to read them. I knew Hab-it wasn't for us, thanks for the confirmation. Now its my job to give my daughter enough information so she won't go that route. I know she will be happy she can do some of the gentler WW exercises. I think she's just scared she will end up with a prolapse like I did. I will see her this weekend, armed with Christine's book and DVD's. She knows help is on its way.
Thanks again

My daughter is 36 weeks pregnant. Yesterday her doctor told her the baby is breached and she has two options. C-section or inversion (where they turn the baby around). She has been told the inversion will be very painful and might and might not work and she could still end up with C-section. Has anyone had any experience with this and what advice can you give? My daughter has opted for the inversion but my question is how safe is this and what complications can this cause later on for her. She was told that its possible the placenta could separate from the uterus wall. Are there any natural ways of helping turn the baby around? My daughter did find two postures she can do online - we have our fingers crossed since her doctor wants this done this week before she is 37 weeks pregnant.