New here-- dealing with prolaspe

Body: 

Hello:
Thought I would jump in and say hi. This is my first time on the forum. I just learned I have a somewhat mild uterine prolapse. I went to my doctor as I had the sensation like I had a tampon half way in and falling out. I am in my mid 50's and dealing with menopause. Some days the prolapse doesn't bother me at all, others are much worse. My gynecologist referred me for Physical Therapy. I went yesterday and they gave me some exercises to do. ie: Kegels, pelvic tilt, abdominal plank and a core strengthening exercise and told me to walk on level ground about 20 minutes per day. I am to go for a weekly appointment the next 5 weeks. I am feeling a bit confused now as what i have seen on this site would seem to indicate that this will be counterproductive in helping me with the prolapse? It does make sense that anything that you can do to strengthening your inner core would be good, or am I just missing the mark in saying this?
Thanks

Hi Ernie and welcome,
Yes, all of those exercises mentioned are very counterproductive to prolapse management. They are put into place under a false belief that we have a pelvic floor that needs to be tightened, as if all our organs sit in this bowl and escape if we don't kegel away and strengthen our cores.
Whole woman posture is what helps us maintain our organs which should be held up over the pubic bone in our lower bellies. It is the intrabdominal pressure that keeps them pinned there with every breath we take.
Christine has come up with a very comprehensive program to get us back to what should have been our natural posture all along.
Go to the tool bar above and start reading, and watch some of the videos available. Whole woman is an an eye opening experience, and such a wonderful natural way to manage our prolapses!

Hi Ernie - I can tell from your post that you have done enough browsing on WW to start to see where we are coming from. So now is the time to do more, as AG suggests. There is a wealth of info throughout the site, forums, blog and library. There is a Youtube channel, Wholewomaninc. Just checking in every day to see what's new on the forum is a great way to get in the loop. The truth of Christine's work becomes self-evident once you throw yourself into it. I have lost a great deal of faith in the medical establishment since realizing how hard they fight to keep women in the dark. Good grief, if kegels did a damn thing to help prolapse, there wouldn't BE any prolapse left in the world. So please, learn about your TRUE core and your TRUE pelvic "floor" and the real solution to your problem, it's right here. - Surviving

I have the saving the whole woman book checked out from the library and the first aid for prolapse DVD on hold. Most likely will buy a copy, but wanted to watch it first. Also found some interesting info as I was reading around the internet on using a squatty potty which just made intrinsic sense to me.. Thanks for your replies to my post.

Here is what Christine has to say about the Squatty Potty. i feel like I've reposted it several times lately. Are they having a big sale or something?

https://wholewoman.com/forum/node/4643

Hi Ernie,
I am also very new to this, my first posting. I am 47 years old and I've been diagnosed with mild uterine prolapse and was prescribed Kiegels also, and same story as everyone, the GP told me when it gets worse - surgery. I'm so glad I found this forum about a month later. I avoid surgery whenever possible. My symptoms are just like yours, the feeling of a tampon half out! I started the WW posture immediately and felt relief, in more than one way. My symptoms disappeared for a month then returned after my last period. Received my WW package in the mail and am diligently doing the exercises. Very grateful. Glad you posted, Ernie.

Hi Fear Free and thanks for posting! Your screen name says it all. This work is not a magical quick fix for prolapse, because that does not exist. Surgery just destroys much of what we have to work with. So we learn to manage and get on with our lives with joy instead of fear. Keep up the great work and don't ever let the "bad" days get you down. It's a process! - Surviving

I too am confused Aging G. I guess it's a new way (for us) of thinking rather than the traditional way of Big Pharma and doctors. We have always believed what they told us and it's difficult to see things differently. Thank you for your helping me.
Karin

Free Fear, what package did you receive? This is my first day on this site and I am one week into prolapse. I was in my car headed to the Health Food Store and returned, it was too painful sitting in the car. I am ready to do anything because I am 67 and very active and feel that this is such a hurdle but I know I can do it. Thanks for your post. Karin

Hi Karin, on my first day on the site I found the store and ordered the Whole Woman Yoga Bundle. I just got it in the mail on Friday. I love the exercises and notice a shift in my belly after I'm done. It feels right! Loving it. It was worth it for me. Cheaper than the alternative!!! I love in Canada but that doesn't mean the doctors give any better advice here. I was fearful and deeply agitated until I found this site. It is what caused me to choose my screen name. Thanks for noticing Surviving!

Thanks for the advice and comments. I truly feel I am not alone now. Was feeling very broken prior to this. Now I feel empowered and am rediscovering my femininity and enjoying the movement of my body. Every move is purposeful, although I do catch myself continuously slipping back into the posture I've been trained to hold. I have to be very focused. And I will try to keep my eyes up and ahead. Thanks!

I understand the fear. I do A Course in Miracles and it taught me a lot about fear but I do slip back into panic mode sometime. I am bleeding more now but my pushed my parts back up and they have stayed, now sure if that's good or if they are in the right position but it's more comfortable. I too ordered the Yoga Bundle so I am anxious to try it maybe after the bleeding stops, if it does. I guess that's my question..what to do about that? I will probably go to a gyn to see what the problem is then make a decision. Glad the Yoga is working for you. karin

The workouts that you do are only as good as the posture you hold while doing them. Are you clear on the elements of WW posture and can you work towards learning to live in this posture all the time? WW returns us to the natural spinal shape we had as children. That is what supports the organs. - Surviving

Yes, I think so Sruviving, I have been doing the posture constantly and am keeping things in....LOL