Rectocele testomonies

Body: 

Dear Ladies, I have been searching this forum for many months, but there are so many members here, that I feel that it is almost impossible to find the testimonies I need to stay positive during my WW work. I know Surviving can manage her rectocele, but I couldn't find anyone else, who has been dealing with a really low rectocele (bulging beyond the vaginal opening a bit) for a few years with success. Although I find many comments on healing within the two years after delivery, I feel my case is different because I can not use my natural healing ability as I am 4 years after my last delivery. Please help me to find success stories about low rectocele. I really need them as mine is worsening slowly but constantly and although I am doing my best with WW work I feel very bad sometimes. Thank you very much in advance.

Budahazya, I know I'm not the one you want to hear from right now, so I will speak my piece and then leave it for others to comment.

I know you think your rectocele is a rare and terrible condition. In truth, anterior/posterior prolapse is the most common form of prolapse, and I would guess that the majority of our members have it.

There are some distinct advantages. Although these 'celes can be quite symptomatic, they act as "nature's pessary" to keep the vaginal walls supported and help the uterus stay in position. Having a uterus that has not fallen too far down and back is a great advantage in keeping all the organs forward in posture, because the round ligaments and weight of the uterus pull everything forward. Do you feel this when you firebreathe? Do you firebreathe?

After many months of doing this work, you should be making peace with your rectocele. If you have not mastered firebreathing, that should be your next assignment. Once you know you are doing it correctly (breathing sequence is critical) then I want you to do it at least 3 times a day. Can you visualize your organs being held forward in the belly?

Are there elements of posture that you are still not totally understanding? It might be time for some individual consultation with a practitioner. A rectocele that sits at the opening is very manageable for any woman with a uterus, no previous surgeries, a commitment to the work, and a clear understanding of the concepts. Maybe there is something missing in that last part that needs to be addressed. - Surviving

If I remember correctly, alemama had a low rectocele which she managed very well with posture and lots of nauli. Track her old posts.

Buda, there are countless members here with rectocele and success stories are posted every day. If you have spent months searching for "rectocele testimonies" then you have missed what is going on right here all the time. i know you have made reference to your language difficulties so maybe you have failed to see the connection between your prolapse and what others have. You have misinterpreted a post or two in the past. There is nothing unusual or special about a low rectocele. I'm sorry that you haven't yet found the magic words of encouragement that you seek. i wish that instead of spending months searching for whatever those words are, that you would instead turn your time and energy to just DOING the WW work. Christine gives us so many tools. But we have to do the work ourselves. If you are stuck and the concepts aren't making sense, then it is time to get more individual help.

Sorry, I didn't mean to jump back in, but I thought Chicka's suggestion to search for more old posts was not the answer. Tracking alemama's old posts would take a few more months! Besides, nauli is hard! I don't even do it yet. Buda, I'd rather see you stick to posture and firebreathing for now, as I'm not sure you have either one mastered. - Surviving

Dear Surviving, thank you for your encouraging words. You are right, I am sure I am not a master in WW posture and firebreathing at all, and I have been doing this work seriously only for a month. But I have so many symptoms and yes, fears. I know you may be tired of my commplaints and yes, I know I am weak in my mind and naturally (genetically) tend to be depressed. When trying to stay in posture, I feel even more pressure on my rectum and cystocele (which I also have now), and I feel tension in my celes in my lower belly. I love firebreathing, and Christine's exercises, which both helps me but only when I am doing them. I have the heavy feeling all day.
Nowadays even sitting has started being uncomfortable for me. So I am down.
Are you sure that with proper ww work I can keep thing inside for the next 30-40 years? When do you think I should start stabilize my prolapse?

Hi budahazya,
It took me longer than a month of seriously working on whole woman practices for that heavy feeling to go away. Just try to stay positive as you can and take surviving's advice.
It actually took several months for me to get past that initial heavy feeling, and then almost a year before I started really feeling the benefits of whole woman practices, and I have a severe prolapsed uterus. Surviving always says the others celes are quite manageable, so I would think with diligence in this work, you will get even better results sooner. You need to just stay with it, and make it a part of your life, not a short term exercise program.

Aging gracefully, thank you for your "datas", that is what I needed :)

alemama's da (wo)man when it comes to prolapse management! Her detailed account of her prolapse management inspired me to no end. Not sure about buda's background but if she is dilly dallying with the posture bit, I think a bit of inspiration might help. And nauli is really simple, it's just something that needs to click once and which you will forever thereafter know. Not that I use nauli at all for my prolapse management but wouldn't want to discourage anyone from adding another tool to their prolapse tool box.

Sometimes, when we are very new at this work and we seem to reach an empass, it sometimes helps to start at the beginning again. You stated above that your celes feel worse when you are trying to stay in posture and that you have tension in your celes and lower belly. That almost suggests (to me anyway) that your belly is not relaxed and, if you are new to belly-breathing, that you may be "pushing" your breath into your lower belly with your stomach muscles and over-expanding your lower belly, which could cause discomfort with the celes (visualize bearing down -- something to be avoided). Everything about posture should be gentle, not forced. In one of your earlier posts you stated you had just came back from a long walk and felt wonderful and the rectocele felt better. This is something most of us notice right away: A long relaxing walk in posture soothes the celes and the soul :-) So I wonder if perhaps for the time being, if doing less would serve you better. Go back to the beginning with posture and breathing, take relaxing walks, and maybe only do a couple of your favorite exercises. Make sure you are doing the exercises correctly, as Surviving said, if you do Firebreathing be sure you have the breathing sequence correct...this is extremely important. You can do this, trust yourself, we all started at the beginning and some of us (myself included) had to start over many times. Wishing you all the best!

Arizona's post has reminded me that Buda has expressed great problems keeping the belly relaxed. And we keep pointing out to her that a relaxed belly is a must. Without it, whatever you're doing isn't even Whole Woman posture.

it took me over a year of CONSTANT self-discipline to adopt a relaxed belly, and even now, 4+ years later I still catch myself occasionally. Get out your DVD or whatever you have, watch it over and over, learn to relax the belly and breathe through the belly, pull up your chest and visualize your organs moving forward. You just have to do it. Tell yourself to just do it, and you can. - Surviving

Thank you Arizona (and Surviving :) ), I understand now that I may not know what a relaxed belly is. Perhaps, I push the air. By the way where is our lower belly exactly? I thought it was lowest point of my abdomen. What does breathing into my lower belly mean? I feel embarrassed about this question as I may seem stupid...For me breathing this way means that when I inhale I imagine that I fill a "bag" (my belly) right under my ribs with air and I try to relax my abdomen muscles at the same time. Is this wrong?

Good Morning! First off, please do not feel embarassed or feel stupid. You have the right idea of the location of your lower belly. I will try to explain belly breathing which is also called diaphragmatic breathing. Many people shallow breathe and essentially only fill their lungs, but with belly breathing you engage the muscle across the diaphragm which helps bring in more air. If you put your hand on your lower belly (your thumb should be at your belly button) you should be able to see your hand rise with your in-breath and fall with the out-breath. You very well may be doing this already but if your lower abdominal muscles are being held tight then you are not really getting the full benefit of the breath to keep the celes pinned against the pelvic bone.

Relaxing the lower abdominals are easily the hardest thing to learn. We have a tendency to clinch these muscles. I also think that when we first find our prolapses we tend to tighten up the abdominal and pelvic muscles for fear that if we don't do so things may worsen or "fall out". Not so. So this is the mindset we battle when trying to relax these muscles.

Try this and see if it helps: Get in the position that Christine shows for rocking side-to-side. Your celes are naturally protected in this position so no worries. Take in a nice cleansing breath, let it slowly out and just let everything relax from your perineum to your belly button. Stay in this position for a bit and just take nice gentle breaths and keep everything relaxed. You may feel things shifting around and that is all good. Don't tighten up. Note how things feel and keep with gentle breathing. Throw in some gentle side-to-side rocks before you stand back up. I associate rocking with nurturing and we all need a little of that no matter our age. Do this a few times a day for a couple of days until it is automatic for you to relax when you're in this position

Then move to the position for standing Firebreathing (but don't Firebreathe). Relax your belly again and follow your breathing (remember your celes are still protected in this position). Take note of any tightening and release it.

Once you get that down then move into the posture. Again check for tension or tightness in your belly. Put your hand on your lower abdomen and check for rise and fall with breathing. There will be a lot of tweaking and retweaking your posture for months to come but in time it will become more automatc and you will start sensing when you have fallen out of posture. They say muscles have memory and I believe it.

Hopefully I have not confused you. I am a bit sleep-deprived this day so hope this makes sense. I trust Surviving, Aging Gracefully, or one of our more seasoned women will hop on and correct me if I have it wrong. I am coming up on my one year mark with this program so I am still learning as well.

Arizona, you are so kind to tell me all these things, I will take your advice.

AZ's post is great, but I want to go back to something budahazya said in her last post, about the belly being a "bag right under the ribs". It sounds to me like you are expanding the chest (higher up) instead of the belly (lower down), and the space just below your ribs is only place the inhaled air can go, because your lower belly is all tight. - Surviving