post-menopausal uterine prolapse

Body: 

Hi
My Prolapse is putting pressure on my bladder - this is not new!
If I use a pessary, which I do only very occasionally, the pressure disappears which leads me to believe the cause of my urgency is indeed mechanical.

Any ideas?

Hi pompom12,
Yes, thinking about it the miraculous workings of the body do adhere to mechanical engineering principles. Indeed, Desikachar; one of the founders of the type of yoga I've trained in, was also a qualified structural engineer and he said this helpful informed him about the workings of the body and his yoga practice and teaching. Christine Kent's work is based very much around the workings of the muscolskeletal workings of the body. When the body is well aligned the body functions optimally. When it is mis-aligned it doesn't. Sometimes Christine's work can seem very complicated, but the basis of it is very simple. If we live healthily with well aligned posture, then the body will optimally develop, be maintained and treated.

Btw, in Christine's book, 'Saving the WW', Christine has found that generally pessaries generally work best for women with cystocele.

For anyone interested in the mechanics of the anatomy and the WW approach I would recommend they invest in some of the resources Christine now offers, including the 'bible of pop'; 'Saving the WW', 1st Aid for Prolapse has a wonderful intro & explanation of this approach, and the new on-line course "Destination - Prolapse Free Symptoms' offers an in-depth 5 lecture course on pelvic organ prolapse and how to improve symptoms and manage or recover from prolapse.

Best wishes,
wholewomanukx

Pompom, you are no newbie to this site, so naturally I have to ask how you are doing with posture. Your most recent thread might be worth reviewing.
https://wholewoman.com/forum/node/5960

I have quit doing the crunches and curl-ups I was doing regularly and am concentrating on the WW posture and Christine's yoga DVD's. Recently I have developed quite a round belly, so much so that my 6-year-old granddaughter asked if I was going to have a baby! Is the round belly a necessary side-effect of the WW posture?

WW posture does not cause you to develop a rounded belly; it lengthens and strengthens the belly but it doesn't eliminate fat (if like many of us, you have stored fat there). But if you are used to sucking it in, and then you relax it, yes your shape will change. If you pull your chest up strongly, and open up the chest without actually pulling the shoulders back too far you will create this beautiful feminine shape that is the source of pelvic organ support. Beyond that, if you are having trouble coming to terms with this natural way to stand and move, you might give yourself some time and maybe wear different clothes that accommodate this posture better and let you feel more comfortable in your skin. It is an adjustment, yes. You might like Yoga Third Wheel if you don't already have it. - Surviving