Menopause and uterine prolapse

Body: 

I have Christine's new DVD Prolapse Free and have been "working out" for a few weeks now. I really appreciate this input and hope that my urge to pee, probably due to my uterus putting pressure on either my bladder or urethra, will eventually improve to an extent that I feel more comfortable. At the Moment it determines my daily timetable, which is not much fun. You will note that from previous posts that I have a cube pessary which I only use when absolutely necessary. For me that means when I have to go somewhere with other people and can't risk having an accident or being under pressure the whole time to find a loo.

Now I have a number of questions about certain exercises which I hope one of you good ladies can answer.
First, my uterine prolapse is severe. It's peeking all day except when I sit or lie down. At night it disappears inside. I am careful about WW posture, about the clothes I wear and the food I eat.

Because of this low position of my POP, I wonder if all the exercises are beneficial. For instance, the jumbing 50 times x 3 followed by the firebreathing and new quick movements as seen on the DVD - seeing as my uterus is peeking really outside, could it not be made worse by jumping?

Doing the floor exercises, especially the one where I have to rest my head on my hands, doing a bit of jiggline first my uterus is literally pulled inside which is positive. I also noticed a gush of air being taken in through my vagina as this happens really proving to me the importance of correct breathing into the lower belly and the fact that a vacuum is created naturally. Am I right?

Has anyone found that their bladder is irritated by milk or other dairy products? I was ill a few months ago with a stomach bug and kept off milk for a week. The weekend following was so much better bladder-wise.
I remembered this recently and am now wondering about the consumption of milk etc. This week I'm going to leave dairy products out completely and see what happens next weekend. My experience might just have been coincidental of course.....

My POP is not a problem, this I would hasten to add. The fact that it is peeking doesn't disturb me alot but this urge to use the loo so frequently is nerve-wracking. I've read other mails from women suffering with urge problems but I haven't yet found the way out.

Thanks a lot for any helpful comments and to Christine for the DVD.

I haven't specifically heard of dairy being a bladder irritant, but I do know there are many many people who are sensitive to dairy and don't even realize it until they go off. So if you are seeing benefits, by all means pursue that.

Regarding the uterine prolapse and jumping, I'd say that you need to get the old girl inside before you can reap the benefits there. You must be in excellent posture while jumping because what you're doing is throwing your organs against the front abdominal wall as you jump. So jiggle and firebreathe and do some of those belly tosses, and do your jumping when things are tucked in. Keep belly totally relaxed. I have 'celes myself, and didn't even try the jumping thing until quite recently, but I find that it does help me in a way not unlike what firebreathing does.

Apart from that, it sounds to me like you are on the right track in getting the organs to move in the right direction. This should increase over time to longer and longer periods of no "peeking" and ease your urgency too. Keep up the good work, girl! - Surviving

Agree with surviving. I would also try firebreathing several times throughout the day with some serious jiggling before it. That helps me with my profound uterine prolapse, especially when she isn't behaving.
Personally, I wouldn't have tried the jumping early on in this work with my uterine prolapse. Now that I have been doing this for some time and have really worked into a stronger posture, I did try the jumping with no adverse affects.
I found that there were things I still couldn't do the first year of the work that I can very successfully do in my second, like the whole woman walking, hiking, and even riding my bike have all gotten easier with my prolapse. I think we gals with the more severe uterine prolapse have a little more work to do, but the efforts are well worth it.

Hi Surviving
Your comment really motivates me to keep up the good work. What I can definitely say is that after more than four years on this forum, I am still living with my POP and it has not got worse at all. I think that is really something.

I have several neighbours who have recently had hysterectomies because of similar bladder problems and I hope they don't develop the kind of problems that are associated with this op. I myself would not dare to even think about it, knowing what I have read and learnt on this forum.

I thank you all for your support and kind words
Pompom

Thank you for your comments. I will try to incorporate firebreathing several times throughout the day. The jiggling helps me when I am doing the exercises on Christine's DVD to get my POP inside. With some lubrication it is very slippery down there.
I also find the jiggling helps to release all the pee while waiting on the toilet to completely emply my bladder.

It's interesting that many of you with profound prolapse such as mine, still have times when the uterus is inside. In my case, it is always peeking but I am full of hope that with WW posture and my exercises etc. I will see some improvement.
You all motivate me a great deal and I wonder what I would have done without this site.
Many thanks all round.
Pompom

Hi Surviving
I've just been doing my DVD exercises from Christine and felt all was really good tillI got to the jumping exercises. You said my uterus should be in when doing jumps. For all the other exercises I can manage that. In fact, many of the exercises literally "suck" my uterus in. As soon as I stand, however, it falls again and is peeking or should I say bulging.
What I've decided to do for the moment is leave the jumping out and do more firebreathing in that time. I usually finish the exercise session in this way.
It feels better, so thanks I'll adapt to my situation at the moment as you did, and come back to the jumps later.
There are so many things I feel I can learn to really help myself with all your kind comments and tips.

Hi Aging gracefully
Both you and Surviving have been so helpful.
I would like to practice Nauli breathing but doing it properly.
Where can I find a step by step guide to this?
I read there is a DVD with this on - is that something new?
Thanks for your time

Hi pompom - Best source on Nauli is WW yoga 3. - Surviving

Nauli is not new. While you are holding in the exhalation during firebreathing you bring the belly up on the left side, around and then down on the right side. You do this all while holding your breath. I can do it for a short duration, but admit, I am not very good at it. Lol! It is also on the First Aid to prolapse, but I'd have to say any of the belly exercises are great for uterine prolapse. They all really help to get the uterus moving in the right direction into the lower belly. At least that is what I have noticed with the routines on the DVDs. Even if you did firebreathing followed by the belly pumps a few times a day would be helpful, with of course the jiggling. We can't forget that.

I know what it is like to have the cervix peeking. I get that once a month now right after my period. I feel like I am starting all over once a month and it can be a little disconcerting at first. Yesterday was a bad bulging peeking day. I was a little frustrated, jiggling and firebreathing as usual. I did the third wheel yoga DVD in the morning, and then I took a strong whole woman walk, got back, layed down for a bit, and everything went back up again.
I really believe these techniques I have learned through whole woman have made it easier on me to get my uterus back in and moving where it belongs. It used to take me two weeks of struggle after my periods to get her reasonably back in, now it takes a matter of days. I would definetly say that is progress.
Keep doing those belly tosses, belly pumps, nauli, firebreathing, and any other deep belly breathing. They seem to really stretch and strengthen a space for the uterus to go.
Hope that is helpful.

Hi, can someone explain the jiggling thing. I don't have my cervix pocking out as it is stopped by celes and rectocele but it is at about my knuckle when I bend over and pop my finger in. I figure it may stay there. My bulge is annoying but I know it helps my cervix stay in.

Jiggling was created by one if our members. You just bend over touching a chair or the floor and jiggle and/or bounce up and down to force those organs into the lower belly or toward as much as possible. This is followed by firebreathing that really helps suck those organs into place. And then stand in strong whole woman posture. This done repeatedly throughout the day can help a slouchy uterus feel better.
I did have my bladder really bulge out one day. Did this, and it sucked right in again.
Just more tricks and techniques in the tool bag to help.