Preventing Prolapse

Body: 

Hi!

I was wondering if the whole woman posture is safe / right to use if you dont have a prolapse?

Also is the traditional yoga posture a cause of prolapse?

AllGood33

Forum:

You bet it is! WW posture is not a contrived system to manage prolapse, but rather, it is the natural human spinal shape that we all developed as soon as we rose up on our feet as toddlers. It supports not only the pelvic organs but the entire body....the well-being of our spine and hips depend upon it. Christine has discovered something that a large segment of civilization has forgotten, when we all started tightening our abs and pulling our bodies completely out of natural alignment. Traditional yoga and pilates and virtually all modern systems of exercise have indeed contributed to the backward slide of our pelvic organs into our vaginas, not to mention a host of hip and spine issues, even in the young.

So please do consider fixing your posture now. Start this work, and with any luck you may be spared not only prolapse, but lots of things that are much worse. Do keep reading around the site and see if it clicks. I hope it does! Ask your questions here....it is a great community. - Surviving

Thank you for your response. Its an honour to be here and meet you all.
I have a slight issue I think I discovered this when I was changing my posture and was getting it aligned...but I didnt know how. I think this could be how.

Christine says 70% of women dont know they have a prolapse. Is there a way of knowing?

Does this apply to all current spinal manipulators, i wondered? eg. chiropractors... are they all re adjusting womens spines wrong?

That is an interesting question about the chiropractor. I went to the chiro for years, because my hips and upper back would go out on me on a pretty regular basis from the hard labor I was engaged in. He always fixed me up, but it never held. After I started working on whole woman posture and exercises, I haven't needed to go to the chiro. The last time I. Went was 3 years ago, actually. I really believe that this posture, the posture we were always meant to be in is what finally helped me. Christine also has done studies on hips too and how this all relates to each other. It is sooo amazing!!

AllGood, it's true that prolapse can be in the making for a long time before it becomes symptomatic, at which time many women experience the "onset" quite suddenly. I don't know of an easy way to determine you have prolapse if you are not yet experiencing symptoms. But because most of us do get it eventually, it would make sense to start making this posture correction now. We all wish we had! It is a lucky woman who finds us before experiencing prolapse, and a very smart one who takes the message to heart and dives into the work. - Surviving

thanks.

can anyone locate the directions for the basic whole woman posture? i dont think i am doing it right.

The best thing to do is get a good understanding of why whole woman posture is what will help pelvic organ support. Go to the top of the tool bar on this site and do as much reading and watching videos as you can. There is a wealth of information on this site to get you started. Then I would suggest you visit the whole woman store. Here you will find more indepth information about pelvic organ support and some fabulous DVDs.
Christine Kent has researched and written extensively on prolapse, and has helped so many of us!

I agree with AG, if you are going to make this posture correction, best not just to dabble but to immerse yourself in the process. You are a smart cookie for seeing the value of starting the work before you have any prolapse symptoms; there is a much bigger picture to be seen in all of this. Here's a clip from Saving the Whole Woman which contains some basic posture info:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RvGROzIYN6w

Thanks Surviving60.

Perhaps not overt symptoms but I think things are not in the right place. But yes its much better to discover these things beforehand.

I am having trouble ordering. No-ones fault, no-one can help but I am working on it. I watched the clip, its great. But its going to be a while before I get a true feel that I am doing it right.

Personally when I have had my spine messed about with, it has made things worse. Except with the odd technique.
This is what made me wonder to which theory they are adjusting it to.

I also watched Christine on her bike clip with the trailor - teriffic - I have a trailer just like that and I too aspire to 50-100 miles a day! Fantastic tips. I was really pleased to find it.

thanks ageing gracefully.

Go to the top of the tool bar on this site and do as much reading and watching videos as you can. There is a wealth of information on this site to get you started. Then I would suggest you visit the whole woman store. Here you will find more indepth information about pelvic organ support and some fabulous DVDs.
Christine Kent has researched and written extensively on prolapse, and has helped so many of us!

Emy, I see you have copied/pasted someone else's post. This is kind of unusual. Can you tell us why you have joined the forum? We are here to help if you have questions about the Whole Woman work. - Surviving