Cystocele stage 2??

Body: 

Hi, I've just joined and ordered the First Aid DVD which should be delivered to me by Thursday. I had a uterine hysterectomy in 2009 after it prolapsed. I am 52 years old and my question is, will I be able to attain cystocele stage 1 if I follow the dvd? Or is the success rate low due to my surgery? I have been working on my posture. I believe I am in stage 2. This just occurred a week ago and I am due to be married in November. I would love any advice on this. Thank you!
mer3232

Hi mer and welcome. We don't get too hung up on stages here, because the organs are always on the move. Moreso as you do this work, since that is the goal, to hold them forward over the pubic bones as much as possible. Even under the best of circumstances, there will be constant fluctuations.

But, yes, your job will be more challenging without benefit of the round ligaments of the uterus to help pull the bladder forward. Other organs prolapsing is a common after-effect of hyst and it's time doctors made this clear and helped women understand that there are better ways to address the problem. In my dreams!!

Take it slow learning posture; you need it, as much as a wombed woman, but your body has changed a bit in the years since your hyst and needs a bit of pampering to avoid too much discomfort during the transition. If you have permanent sutures to support the vaginal vault, you don't want to endanger those.

We can't tell anyone what their results will be, or when. We all work with what we have, and it's management, not a"fix". Good luck to you! - Surviving

Thank you so much for your help. I don't know if I have permanent sutures or not but I will keep it in mind as a possibility and do as you suggest 'pamper myself'. I will continue to be optimistic and move forward with the DVD. I feel when our frame of mind is high with positive intentions, we can move mountains and bladders! I look forward to keeping posts on my progress. Blessing to all of you on this forum. Thank you again Post-Hyst

Attitude is everything in this journey, mer, and I wish we could bottle some of yours! - Surviving

Hello again, I have just worked thru the DVD. I absolutely love the workout! I would love some feedback from anyone who has had some improvement with cystocele following uterine hysterectomy using the dvd workout on a regular basis. Thank you :)

Remember mer that your goal is to train your body to hold the posture all the time. The exercises will help you to do this by strengthening the muscles and ligaments and building an awareness of what moves and positions will enhance this dynamic. But this really is much more than a workout program, and it is through the work that takes place as you go throughout your day that you will see improvement. - Surviving

Dear Surviving, thank you! I am seeing results from the improved posture! Its amazing! I will keep up the routine with happiness!
Love to All on this Website!!

Silly question but.....how do I log out of the website?

"Log out" is located at the bottom of the navigation list on the left of this page.
I absolutely love the DVDs also, and am slowly working my way through them.
I am so much stronger, balanced and flexible every day, and I never dreamed I would say that I love exercises. Christine has the perfect balance with challenge, to become more flexible, but gently done at our own pace. The best approach to exercise I have come across, so holistic.
Having said that, I learned the posture which had immediate benefits for a long time before learning the exercises, and I have done them gradually and slowly. I don't have the same situation that you do, so take it very slowly.
Also make sure you cushion your feet with comfortable shoes and thick sox to protect your skeleton while walking.
If you haven't found them yet, there are some really informative threads, and blog posts on post/hyst and you could maybe join Christine's fireside chats that she is organizing, with any Q particular to you.
Have fun with this journey,
Aussie Soul Sister

Thank you Aussie Soul Sister, I will take your advice :)