Pre-period feelings with this prolapse, is that normal?

Body: 

Hello everyone.....

WEll, since I joined this sight the other day, all I've been doing is reading and reading, I'm so thankful I found this site!

Okay, I noticed that once I "discovered" this prolapse, I started having that lousy lower abdominal feeling you get, when you're just about to get your period. I haven't had a true real period sine March of 2013, but since then I've had spotting, on and off with MONTHS in between .... but on Sept. 4th I noticed a bit more blood on the T.P. when I urinated with this clear mucus stuff, and so I thought I was still ovulating.....that went on for about a week or more, and sometimes it would be a more yellowish mucus, you know, the stringy type. But, I didn't need to even wear a pad or panty liner, I mean, this was only on the T.P. when I'd urinate..that's it. That went on for 5 days. ((before that, I had that clear discharge for about a week as well, maybe a little longer) .... now, after the "mini-period" on Sept. 4th which lasted a few days...... I was sort of "normal" for about a month, and then, THIS....PROLAPSE. So, I think something must be connected there, I mean, first the clear discharge, then the "mini period) for a few days, then the prolapse. I know, I'm repeating myself here, I'm trying not to complicate things, I just want to make sure I put in all the details.

But what I wanted to ask was, is it normal or common to have that pre-period feeling in the lower abdomen right above the pubic bone, branching out to both the left and the right sides....like when you're about to get your period? Also,what about pubic bone pain? I get that too, not all the time,only occassionally .....but it does happen. When I first found this prolapse, I Freaked out and just kept touching it and pushing it back up into my vagina to see if I felt anything hard, well, after doing that a number of times, I definately noticed my pubic bone hurting....so I'm assuming that's, from that. Am I correct?

See, if I end up getting some spotting again, I'm going to freak out, because then I'll think it's either coming FROM the prolapse itself, which would mean something was wrong,..right? OR, I'll start to think that maybe it's from cancer up in the cervix or uterus or something.......so, what I also need to know is, does this prolapse bulge bleed slightly, from time to time, say, if it got irritated or something?

I try not to touch it anymore, I still do, but a LOT less....I am SO tempted to though, ugh! I think that's due to fear and never having had anything like this before.........this makes me feel so strange, I feel like I'm aware of it all the time, I wish that wasn't so. IT's not that it hurts, but it just feels weird, I'm sure you all know that feeling. This afternoon, I noticed a sort of pressure on the coccyx bone, but not all the way down to the end, where the tailbone would be, but up farther.......that felt very strange!

Okay, I know I'm going on and on, it's just that I'm so new to this, it's only been a week, and I'm still rather freaked out by this......there are times it feels like its going to come out, and other times it seems farther up, why is that? But, I'm trying to practice the correct posture and I'm reading as much as I can here ...... I just hope this is reversible! (well, or at least, maybe it'll diminish a bit) ........... it 's weird, I dont know what causes it to be SEEMINGLY larger some days, and other days, smaller .........

thank you all for all ;your help! This place is a God send!

Your pelvic organs are always on the move, so it will feel differently each day, and even all day long.
And, I also had some discharge at the beginning of finding my prolapse, but no bleeding. The only way you would get bleeding with your prolapse is if it was actually rubbing on your underwear and getting chafed. If you are having unusual bleeding, it is not from the prolapse itself.
Have you had a chance to check out the whole woman store? The best answers you can get and the best way to relieve your mind is through Christine's writings. She explains all things prolapse so well, and she can give you,through her work, all the tools you need to deal with your prolapse.
We will always be here to help with some of the details, but in the end it is her work that will help you the most.

Hello! ... well, thank you,I didn't know that our pelvic organs are constantly on the move! Honestly, I didn't.....so, that's something new I just learned! No, I didn't and haven't had bleeding BECAUSE OF the prolapse, no, the sort of "mini period" I had was back on Sept. 4th, fora few days.... that was a few weeks before I discovered the prolapse, so no, I don't think it was from that! Yes, this site is so great, and I've just been reading and reading.....a treasure trove of info. and other women who really DO understand what you're feeling!
Thank you once again! :)

Starlight, i think we have determined from your other posts that what you have are cystocele and/or rectocele. I used to push mine around but eventually realized not to bother. It would be different if you had a uterine prolapse and your cervix was very low or protruding; in that case there are times when it is advantageous to try and push it over the pubic bones. But please don't poke around with your 'celes, there is no point really, and you will only irritate your sensitive tissues. The organs do indeed move around all day long. Have you started to work on posture and firebreathing? These will get the organs moving in a more favorable direction! - Surviving

Hi starlight, yes reading everything on this site is a great way to get started; there is a treasure trove of information from Christine herself that let's anyone new coming here get a really good idea of what whole woman is all about, but if you don't ever order any of the materials, you will never get the full picture here.
I remember when I ordered my book and first DVD, it was in back order for a couple of months, so I just did what I could from what I could find on this site. It was helpful, but once I got my book and read it, I had so many aha moments like you wouldn't believe. With information in the book and the DVDs I was able to construct a very good routine for myself that helped me to finally start getting some relief with my prolapse. The forum is great for extra support, but It's the whole woman work that helps the prolapse.

Hello everyone!

Okay, I keep reading about firebreathing, what is that? I want to get started with these things as soon as possible ..... I've been reading a lot here,and watching Christine on You Tube ... I am way behind all of you ladies, because I just discovered this about a week ago....and flew into a panic, which lasted days! But I'm finally sort of, taking this in stride I suppose.

As I stated in one of my VERY LONG posts (I know,I know!!! lol), what started FIRST was the clear discharge for about a week or more(probably for about 10 days), then after a few days came what I called a "mini period", it was just blotches of normal colored blood mixed with that clear discharge, but it was ONLY on the T.P. when I would wipe, I didn't have to even wear panty liners .....THEN, a few weeks later, PRESTO....a UTI! and not just ur run of the mill UTI....oh no, this was a Strep B, UTI! What? I had never heard of that,so they gave me Amoxicillan and it cleared it up...........THEN, a few days after I got the all clear from my dr. (about the UTI) I SUDDENLY noticed this bulge! I mean, you couldn't miss it, it was right at the openeing of my vagina! so, yeah, I freaked out....and to be honest, I think that would be pretty normal. It's been over a week now, and there are days it makes me feel lousy, and days it's sort of "okay" ........ but it makes that ligament that connects your torso to your leg, ache .......it switches sides too.....also, I DO NOT strain anymore for a BM! NO! I'm to scare to now............so, I just sit there, every morning after I first get up, and I've been pretty regular....and if you just sit there and try to relax, I notice that your body's own mechanisms come into play, and eventually begin to push out whatever "poop" is in there, yes it's slow, but at least I don't strain.!

I think my big question is: HOW DO THESE PROLAPSES COME INTO BEING? I know that sounds like a funny question, and I've read plenty of info. on this site about posture, food, etc....and all the diff. things that CONTRIBUTE to a prolapse............ok, but what I'm asking is, DO THEY ALL START OUT AS A STAGE ONE, THEN PROGRESS TO A STAGE TWO, THEN THREE ETC....? OR......CAN THEY ALSO JUST SORT OF "SUDDENLY" PUSH THROUGH THE VAGINAL WALL ONE DAY? (In other words, with no "build up"?) ......because WITH ME, I just literally discovered it ONE DAY , out of the blue......it wasn't there back on Sept. 4th, when I had that mini period for 5 days, bec. I would have felt it! The reason I know this, is bec. at the time when I first saw the blood on the T.P. (Sept. 4th), I panicked and thought I must have a bad UTI and maybe it had gone to my kidneys, so I wanted to make sure it was coming from my vagina, and NOT the urethra..........so, I wrapped a little bit of T.P. around my finger, and VERY GENTLY pushed my finger up into my vagina (not far up either, maybe just a tiny bit up there) just enough to see if THAT was where the blood was coming from......so I would know that it wasn't coming from the urethra.

Now, I KNOW i would've felt it then, that's only obvious.........because a few weeks later, on Sept. 4th (after the STREP B uti) I EASILY discovered the bulge!!!! So, it WAS NOT THERE ON SEPT. 4th......which means it either developed rather quickly (from around or after Sept. 4th.....OR it was already there, maybe farther up perhaps, and smaller?) .....I don't know. It does scare me to think that this "medium" sized bulge, was able to form or push through the vag. wall, THAT quickly, bec. as I said, it wasn't there on Sept. 4th............so, is that "normal" for a bulge to do? I mean, can that happen so quickly, within a few weeks? You'd THINK that something like that would have been forming for a while in there, wouldn't you? I mean, I literally went to bed that Friday night (a little over a week ago now) and woke up with it the next day (Sat.)! So, either it was there, and I didn't notice it, which I think I would've......esp. having stuck my finger SLIGHTLY AND GENTLY up into my vagina on Sept. 4th to make sure that's where the blood was coming from...........OR, It just literally ONE DAY, SUDDENLY just pushed through the wall of the vagina OVERNIGHT?

Please forgive me for going on and on and on about this,,,,,,,,I know I have a tendency to repeat myself,I guess that's just bec. I'm so frightened about this "thing", it's so unnatural, and it makes me feel strange and tired for some reason! (and is THAT even normal as well?.....to feel as though you're being drained of energy?) .....maybe that's from fear,I don't know. But please have patience with me, I do get very nervous easily, and I'm trying SO hard to deal with this the right way, and tell myself to calm down, a lot of other women have this ....... does this keep getitng worse, I mean is that a "given"? OR, does that just depend on each woman?

Okay, I'll stop blabbing, FOR NOW anyway...lol ..........but thank you all for being such lovely people, and I'm very thankful I found this site! :)

I feel like I keep parroting the same thing over and over again here, but as I have said previously, the only way to truly understand what is going on with you, is through Christine's work. The website is great for an initial overview, but the real information is in the body of work Christine has developed. Firebreathing is in the book and in the DVDs, with really good examples and explanations.
We could never explain these things to as Christine can herself, so it would be very beneficial for you to look into it, and then come back and ask questions about the information that you may not understand.
Best wishes.