FTM, 18 weeks pregnant, diagnosed Rectocele

Body: 

HI ladies, I am glad I found a site where women can understand what I am going through. I am currently 18 weeks pregnant, no previous births, and really no "frequent constipation". I am 33 years old. So, I am a little frustrated in the sense that this is happening now...will it be worse later in pregnancy and post partum? It is uncomfortable and weighing on my mentally. I fear that it will be worse, that it will be forever. Will my husband look at me or enjoy me the same? I am now paranoid about all the goings on down there that I sometimes don't think about my baby growing in my belly! I take a weekly prenatal yoga class, and my fear is that it may be doing more harm than good? I am working on m posture and really would like to order Christine's dvds...any advise on the best choice. Also, it would be nice to hear some shared experiences. I am reading and learning a lot since finding this site.

Welcome Vikki514...

I am not in a similar situation, but wanted to reach out and affirm that there is so much wisdom here!

The little that I have to offer and someone will correct me if I'm off, but my understanding is that as pregnancy progresses things generally move up, so enjoy falling in love with that little one inside you. This community has really helped me worry less and enjoy life more.

Also, I take a yoga class and have Christine's yoga DVDs. Recently someone posted a link to an informative article that Christine wrote about how to substitute or adapt poses and I shared it with my teachers. It sparked a lively internal debate among them and now I feel more comfortable attending their classes. Hope you can find it and check it out.

The most important thing is to be mindful and work the posture. Never fret when you find you're out of it, but resume as soon as you notice. In real estate it's location, location, location and I think with Whole Woman it's posture, posture, posture :-)

I think you'll feel empowered learning and interacting here.

Snap

Thank you Snap! I already feel encouraged reading your reply. I certainly hope and will work towards getting this healed or at least managed. I will definitely check out Christine 's yoga dvds, and absolutely focus on loving this little one growing inside me. Thank you again! !

Hello Vikki and welcome,
Many of our mothers have successfully had babies, even multiple times, while having prolapse. As you baby grows inside of you and pulls your uterus more into your lower belly, sometimes your prolapse symptoms can become less noticeable.
This is a great time to work on posture, but be careful to take it slowly and gently. And, please do a lot of reading on this site, especially from the tool bar above, there is a ton of introductory material here to get you started in better understanding of what the posture is all about.
Christine's whole body of work is more than just her yoga DVDs. They help you to lengthen and strengthen your body to help you hold the posture, but the posture is what is important here, consciously working on all the the principles to help your body into the correct shape it was always meant to be in.
Christine has the Saving the Whole Woman book where she also talks about pregnancy and post partum prolapse. Great information in there to let you know what your body is actually going through.
Just wanted to say hi and I wish you the very best with your whole woman journey.

Thank you Aging Gracefully, I will definitely look more and more into all of Christine's information and recommendations.