cystocele Rectocele

Body: 

Hi I am Faustina and this is my first Post ! I have been a member for 3 months now. Just wondering if anyone could tell me how long it takes to really notice a difference. I do feel my cystocele and rectoclele being moved when doing the standing new kegel exercises but most days it falls by the end of the day. I have been doing the posture and the only time I relax with it is when I go to bed. Trying to do the exercises twice daily. I have had not surgeries and 6 home births so no damage. Mine was caused by a splint I put around my belly for diastases retci. I wanted to have a small belly and was tired of everyone asking if I was pregnant again. It became worse using the kegel master and other devices. I am eating healthy and taking vitamins to help heal the connective tissues.
Is the Goddess belly video out yet?
Thanks,
Faustina

Forum:

Hi Faustina and welcome. There is no way for any of us to say how soon you will see a change. Many of us started to see one right away, and now, years later, continue to see improvement. Others may have to be patient and diligent for awhile. It depends on so many different factors. If you are seeing improvement until the end of the day, I’d say you are doing pretty well!

But I’m concerned that the only time you “relax” the posture is at the end of the day. It makes me wonder if you are understanding it correctly. WW posture may take a little getting used to, but it does not involve tightening or tensing of anything! Quite the opposite, in fact. Maybe you just explained this the wrong way…..can you rephrase?

Goddess Belly has not yet hit the pavement, but it will be along soon. Meanwhile, don’t overdo the exercise. More is not always better. If you stay in posture all day long, you’re working everything. - Surviving

Thanks I think I am doing the posture correctly. I just lift my chest and when I am siting I put my butt all the way back into the chair and lift my chest. Even now typing i stay lifted. The hardest thing for me was retraining myself not to tuck my hips under. Great because I do the exercise once a day and sometimes twice. Do not have time to do them more often.
I will go back and review the posture again just to be sure.

Hi Faustina,
It took me almost a year to get all the elements of posture down. The initial heaviness and burning went away after the first few months. So I knew I was heading in the right direction. For some of us this s a process that takes time, while our heads thinks it has it all down, sometimes our bodies just need to catch up up. Remember, that this is the natural shape we have been fighting against all these years. Getting back to the natural posture we were always meant to be in is the goal, and then as we do that the prolapse symptoms lessen with it.
Our organs are always on the move, I know mine are, so when we have good moments we take them, and when we have bad ones, we go back and look at what we can be doing better, and just keep working on it. This is, afterall, a lifetime of work that not only benefits prolapse, but also our whole body well being.

Just remember to keep the belly relaxed at all times. Otherwise lumbar curvature cannot be established no matter how much you are pulling the chest up; and there will be no room for the organs. I agree it sounds like you should review all the elements. - Surviving

Hi Dear Faustina,
The way I have reinforced the posture is to learn to belly breath all the time.
Each breath is pulling the lumbar curve inward and pinning the abdominal organs into the front of the lower belly.
If you stand in WWPosture and sit down, your upper body posture is the same - & I do at times adjust my clothing so that my belly is free for breathing.
It becomes relaxing and almost effortless in time - such a freedom from the tension & stress of old postural habits and chest/mouth breathing.
I find all the exercises great for straightening tight shortened muscles & fascia, and upper body strength from them has enabled me to hold the posture increasingly better, and belly breathing is easier also.
Hope this is of help to you,
this is a journey - be consistent, take your time and listen to your body.
Aussie Soul Sister