Continuing Improvement

Body: 

As you ladies all know, it's all about the posture. Just jumping in to say that I rarely ever feel my prolapse these days. When I do feel it, it's the end of the day & I'm tired of concentrating on keeping my hips back over my heels.

For any of you out there struggling here are some things I do,

What helps me maintain my posture throughout the day is to stretch my hamstrings alot so that they don't pull me into the tucked position. When I bend over, I either bend at my hips keeping my legs straight or squat with vertical shins - knees over ankles. Also I do rhomboid pushups - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQP-WcdBnFo - to unround my upper back & get it in line with the rest of my spine.

I also walk 1 to 2 miles a day making sure that I squeeze my gluts with each step. I try to do that whenever I walk anywhere - even if it's just in the kitchen.

The place where I really struggle is sitting comfortably in the car. I'd love to hear from anyone who has figured that out!

Wishing you all great success!

Brenda

Hi mom to 6 and thanks for checking in. I'm glad you have found things that work for you. But I want to make a couple comments for the benefit of newbies who might wonder.

If you have been doing WW posture correctly for going on 2 years, I am surprised to hear you say that you get tired of concentrating on it by the end of the day. On the contrary, it should be natural and normal by now, not even something you need to think about, much less get tired from by day's end.

I'm not sure that concentrating on keeping your hips back over your heels is a good way to look at it. I never have, though other posture veterans on here can feel free to correct me on this. Just can't remember that ever being a posture "element" so to speak.

And I don't consciously squeeze anything when I walk. Or any other time.

Plenty of posts written about driving. It's the pits, and the best we can do is make all possible car seat adjustments for comfort, and then stuff something into the lumbar curvature, especially for long trips.

Please keep doing the WW work. I looked back on some older posts and it seems you have been picking and choosing from several disciplines. I'm just pointing that out, because it can be confusing for someone who is new here, and that is one of my jobs as a moderator. - Surviving

Christine has said many times not to put the weight on the heels, but to distribute it evenly. Here is one good thread:
https://wholewoman.com/forum/node/4117