Being grateful, taking charge

Body: 

Christine's work is a gift to women, and it is essential for long-term health and well-being whether or not we are experiencing prolapse now. It is here for the taking, but it becomes exhausting begging women to try it, when it is they who have come here in search of answers. The beauty and possibilities of this work were so obvious to me from the minute I came upon this site. I didn't waste 5 minutes getting started.

But I have come to realize that most women do not see it so plainly. Out of gratitude to Christine, I continue to try and spread the word. But there are days when I feel some women would rather wallow in their fear and loss and self-pity for awhile longer before they are ready to get on with life. To those women, I say, I understand, but you need to think not only of yourselves, but of what you are doing to those around you.

I belong to an on-line community of family caregivers. Some of the folks in this group are living daily with the most difficult situations you can possibly imagine, caring 24/7 for a partner, child or parent with extreme mental and/or physical impairment. Reading their stories puts a whole new light on my own caregiving situation. I have had to throw self-pity out the window. It has made it harder for me to understand why any woman can't manage a lousy prolapse! Not when all the tools you need, and all the support, are right here.

So take us or leave us. i thank my lucky stars daily, that I jumped into the work. The rest of you will just have to make that leap for yourselves. Or not. We are here to help those who are ready to help themselves. But not to beg or to argue the merits of Christine's work. It stands alone....as do each of us. Find something you believe in, and throw yourselves into it. Let your prolapse know who's boss, and get on with your life. - Surviving

Thank you for posting this, surviving. I have been guilty of almost begging, and yes arguing to try to get women to see the benefits of this work. And, I wonder to myself, how can they not see it? I mean look at me, a profound uterine prolapse is not a problem anymore, because I just did the work everyday, seeing little improvements on the way, and then bigger improvements. I wanted to shout, see it really works, it does, look at me!!
But I guess they must find this out for themselves....

You have way more patience than I do, my friend, and I periodically feel the need to explain myself, as sometimes my bedside manner isn't appreciated!! - Surviving

It is by me, surviving. Without your no nonsense approach, this forum would be lost external support devices, hab-it, kegels, squatty potties, and all other sorts of other quackery out there, taking away from Christine's original work and message about true pelvic organ support.

So many women who come here cannot silence the din of bad advice (medical and other) that is running through their heads. They are the ones who cannot "see" this work enough to accept it and try it. We spend a lot of time and effort trying to silence that din for them, long enough for something else to penetrate, but often it does not and cannot. Then we have to cut our losses and save our own sanity and hope that the ones who can't see it will not make it too confusing on here for the ones who are trying to. - Surviving